Another Returning To The Hobby Newcomer

Val1

Reaction score
I've been away from the hobby for a while. At one point I had almost 170 gallons worth of tanks in my house, but I couldn't grow plants and that was too many tanks for me take care of properly. But the kids are gone, we turned one kid's room into a library -- so I now have wallspace again -- and I wanted to get the last 55g tank out of the garage....

So I've got a goldie tank. And I'm loving it.

AquariaCentral, my first on-line forum, is a shell of it's former self, I've found a great goldfish forum that is also past it's sell-by date. I'm impressed with the level of convo I've seen here, but I have just one question that maybe I haven't dug up the answer to yet: how come this place doesn't have a dedicated goldfish subforum? I've read a couple of answers from goldfish keepers who are obviously experienced.... Is there something I'm missing?

Cheers!

Val

Val1

Reaction score
Well, I'm an idiot. I was looking for the forum on my phone and I don't get all the options there. But thanks!

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Now you can't blame it on your phone. That's what I'm on. Lol. Ok I knew were it was.

Swlws

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to Fishlore and you are correct, they are quite full of active people with love for all the types of fish. So what goldfish are blessing your library wall?

Val1

Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore and you are correct, they are quite full of active people with love for all the types of fish. So what goldfish are blessing your library wall?
Just simple fantails. In my neck of the woods all I've got these days are PetSmart and PetCo. My town 15 years ago had two awesome fishstores, but they are no more. There's a fine fish store in Glen Burnie (south of Baltimore) but their prices were way to high, and I made 60 mile treks to a pair of other fish stores to look over stock, and end up with what I could get in the big box stores. I was only going to have five, but I rescued one from a friend who was going to euthanize the fish and I couldn't bear that. So I've got 6 in a 55g.

I may not have told my wife that I'm going to have to upgrade to a 75g next year. LOL

AJE

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Always get fish that will get bigger than your current tank that way you have an excuse to get a bigger tank

Basil

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome! I’m in the Baltimore area also And I also returned to fish keeping after a 30+ year absence.
A library with fish sounds awesome! Alas, our library is in the 1901 section of the house where the floors are a bit uneven. So the 75 g and the 40 g are in the newer additions with straight floors and proper floor support.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom