Another Rescue

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, I saved this young crowntail from the clutches of the know-nothing walmart employees. I couldn't hold back any longer, my aquarium is in good shape so I will be able to put this guy in it anytime now. Goldie is doing great, and my niece just loves it so I think she's in for a surprise very soon

I can't get a picture just yet, but here's a description.

The body is white with faint aqua when the light hits him just right. The tail and fins have a very bright aqua colour closer to the body, the tips of the fins look like they were dipped in blood, a nice dark red, they meet in the middle with a nice purple... the very tips of the tail are white.

Even though it's like -25 celcius right now, he had a good ride home - in my touque, wrapped in my gloves and wrapped again in my scarf.

I'll get a picture when i can, anyone have name suggestions?

emilai333

Valued Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your new betta boy!!! All my guys say hi. Isn't it a great feeling to bring home a new rescue fish? Can't wait to see a picture.

curious as to if this description is him as he appeared when you bought him, or him as he is in some clean water in a nice big tank? There's a HUGE difference, as I have found out from experience. Several of my bettas have turned out to be a totally different color than I expected (lilac fins turning blood-red, cream color turning dark gold, the appearance of aqua or green irridescence...). If aqua is his true color, first of all he sounds amazing, secondly, might I suggest naming him after a body of water? Aegeann, Caribbean, Bayou, Pacific, Rio, and so on.

Congrats again, and welcome to the new fishy!!!

Asinity

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, initially I saw that near-death betta, in his little cup on a shelf. That was the only one, I was considering him to try and save him until I saw this guy who was actually in their plant tank. He was far more lively and his fins are in excellent shape - plus his colours are far more vibrant than the other ones were.

The lighting in their tank wasn't too bad, I think I got a pretty good look at it, and again when I first got him home.

I'm excited, it's been years since I've had one of these guys to myself.

AesSedai

Valued Member
Reaction score
Awww, Asinity I am so happy for you! All to yourself huh? That's so cool. He sounds beautiful. Can't wait to see a pic. I like emilai's idea of naming him after a body of water.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I love the names and I commend you for doing the right thing. He sounds lovely and I am so glad you got him. Do keep us updated with betta stories, we love those.

Rose

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hip, hip, hurray for the new rescue Betta. Congratulations and enjoy! Can't wait to see pics.

CherryRose

nmwierman1977

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Congratulations Asinity! ;D I'm actually go to get one from Petsmart. I was going to get him tonight,but I might have to wait till tomorrow now, because I have to work late. I was there again last night to pick up a few things for my 3 gallom q-tank/hosp tank that I just received a couple days agao. I just set it up last night and it hopefully should be all set to go. I put the bio-spira in it last night. I just want to make sure themp is ok before I put him in there. I set it for 80 degrees and it was 75 this morning when I checked so hopefully by now it should be at 80. Anyway, I do love the idea about the bodies of water idea. Rio would be a cool name if he remained an aqua color. Natalie

cherryrose

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you could name him Willie for the Willamette River in Oregon, or Columbo for the Columbia River. Just think, there are thousands of bodies of water to choose from! You probably don't want to name him Missi after the Mississippi River, though. He might be offended! ;D

CherryRose

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
You will want to add him soon for the Bio-spira to have something to nosh on. (ammonia)

I am so excited, there are going to be a lot of new babies this week...YOU and Omorrokh for two and emilai got a new rescue betta. I do love times like these...new babies ...the best days are when the new babies come...AWWWW.

I get as excited over one of you getting a new betta as when it is me...

Rose

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom