Another Question

1. Colt Frost

Colt Frost Well Known Member Member

If I get a 75 gallon long and tall tank, can I keep 4 angelfish, 2 electric blue acaras, 3 platies, 12 kuhlii loaches, and a clown pleco or two?

2. Faris101

Faris101 Valued Member Member

Reduce the kuhlii loaches because each of them would grow up to 10 cm or more so I think 4-7 would be enough

3. OP
    OP
    Colt Frost

So would all of the other fish be okay?

4. Faris101

In a 75 gallon tank yes I think they would all be fine

5. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

I disagree , I would do

2 Anglefish
    2 EBA
    2 German Blue Rams
    8-10 Bosemani Rainbows
    15 Kuhli Loaches
    1 Clown Pleco

6. Faris101

But kuhlii loaches could grow more than 10 cm

He dosent want blue rams or any rqinbowfish I think

7. JesseMoreira06

JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

Kuhli Loaches only get 3.5-3.8" ,in a 75g anything less then 10 of them you'll never see them. They stay relatively skinny only getting long and thin. 15 of them will be perfect in a 75g. A 20 gallon long is appropriate for 6-8 of them.

8. Faris101

Alright I get what your trying to say

9. OP
    OP
    Colt Frost

Could I do 2 Angelfish, 2 EBA, 2 Keyhole cichlids, 3 Platies, 15 Loaches, and a Clown Pleco?
    And to start I'm getting a 46.8 Gallon tank. In there I was going to start off the fish and then transfer them when I get the bigger tank. In the 46 I was thinking 2 Angelfish, 1 EBA, A Clown Pleco, and 8-10 Loaches. Wait, could I trade the Loaches with Cory cats?

10. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

Hi, in a 125g I was able to keep 2 pairs of angels from harming each other-they had the occasional fight but overall did well. I think a single pair of Angels is appropriate but I also feel that 2 pairs is a bad idea as angels are very territorial.

11. Faris101

But what about the people who have a tank with nothing but angelfish

12. Claire Bear

Claire Bear Well Known Member Member

As I said, this was my experience and am guessing there is probably someone here that have kept a tank with only angels and they would have to answer your question.