Another query on PH

robrodgers

Reaction score
Hi all,

My tank just one month old has eventually cycled - 0 nitrite, 0 ammonia 10 nitrates. The problem and worry I have is that my tap ph is 7.2 but my tank ph is 6.2. After a water change it rises to about 6.8 but two days later is back to 6.2. After what I've read on this site a stable ph is what is required - how do I achiev this?

Rob

bbfeckawitts

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
How often are you changing water and how much?

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Good question Bbfeckawitts. Robrodgers, I am going to repeat Bbfeckawitts' question: How often do you change your water and how much? Do you have any fish in your tank? If so, what fish and how many? How large is your tank? When you change your water, do you perform a gravel vac?

robrodgers

Reaction score
As my tank has being cycling I've carried out 25% water changes every five days. Yes I do a gravel vac. Currently I have one dwarf gourami, six mollies and one plec. My tank is 150 litres.

Rob

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
You will have to gas out your tap water before adding it to the tank. You simply put the water into a bucket or barrel the day before and with a heater in it. Add a powerhead or airstone to allow the gasses to gas out, and then simply add the water to the tank. You will still have to use dechlor unless you have well water.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom