Another plywood build ;)

MoshJosh

No not that kind. Trying to build a new coop for my chickens. Please don’t be too harsh as I know fairly little about Insulation, roofing, or construction in general.

No floor, will sit in cinder block or brick with dirt bottom.

1FAF74C0-449A-4CC0-8B95-62A137E91FB3.jpeg
A336733B-45C0-4B16-B159-6DF6218E2FC2.jpeg
1CB21B8C-C099-4C60-A92E-D0D921A4013F.jpeg
6FF8FF90-7BBA-4E6D-ACDB-B38B7D9C537D.jpeg
0DEA20DC-E81F-4C21-A4B0-42C050F271E3.jpeg
8D2A459A-96D8-4A3F-BDE3-34277712362B.jpeg

And as you can tell, I like to keep and immaculately clean workspace.

Not quite done yet, still needs a nice coat of paint and I think I might add some flexseal to the bottom To further protect the wood closest to the ground

Amazoniantanklvr

Wow. Nice job. You need a janator FYI. lol

david1978

coralbandit could give you some tips on roofing. Nice job.

CoryBoi

How many chickens? where do you live?

MoshJosh

Just 6 right now, Colorado.

CoryBoi

Just 6 right now, Colorado.
That coop is very small for 6. Maybe 2 or 3 but not 6. Especially given that you live in Colorado, they will be spending lots of time in there. Are you a member on backyard chickens? You can find some great resources there. Also there are hundreds of coop build articles for ideas. This coop would make a very good hospital/jail/juvenile coop.

MoshJosh

They spend most there time in their run with is like 10ft by 30ft? This is much larger than their previous coops, which have housed them about 2 years it’s also larger than the coop we had that was advertised for 8?

CoryBoi

They spend most there time in their run with is like 10ft by 30ft? This is much larger than their previous coops, which have housed them about 2 years it’s also larger than the coop we had that was advertised for 8?
Store bought coops are horribly innacurate in amount of birds advestised. Normally you will halve the original number and then subtract by 1 or 2. For an 8 bird, you should only do 2 birds. It is almost universally agreed that a hen needs at the bare minimum 4 square feet. And 10+ square ft in the run. What are the coop dimensions? And remember, they may be out in the run most of the year but in the winter, they usually don’t dare step foot in snow.

MoshJosh

It’s about 3’ X 4’ X 4’. They don’t seem to mind the snow, plus a portion of the run is trapped do it stays dry

CoryBoi

It’s about 3’ X 4’ X 4’. They don’t seem to mind the snow, plus a portion of the run is trapped do it stays dry
Then I would not put more than 3 chickens in there. I would check out backyard chickens.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
John58ford

Random Great Thread!

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom