Another Peacock Gudgeon?

Fanatic

Hi, I have a question that needs answers. I have an actively mature tank, and it has been running for 3 months now. It's a 31 gallon, more simply called a 30 gallon in other terms. I have planned for this tank to be successful, and it finally is after many complex decisions.

Here's my question. I wanted to know if I can/should add another Peacock Gudgeon to the tank. I already have one, and I was suggested that it could be possible for another one. Here's the information about my current setup.

Stocking
10 White Skirt Tetras
5 Albino Cory (upping them to 8 when I can find more)
1 Peacock Gudgeon (female)
1 BN Pleco
1 Honey Gourami

Would it be possible for me to add another Peacock? If not, I'm totally fine with that. I've got some CPD in another tank, and it's not ideal. I might be moving them back to the 31 gallon after my vacation. What do you guys think?
Anders247

JeffK

I think another PG would be fine.

Fanatic

Alright, thanks.
Should it be male, or another female?

JeffK

Alright, thanks.
Should it be male, or another female?
It really doesn't matter since you currently only have 1 female. You just don't want to have more males than females as too many males would pester the females too much.

Fanatic

Thanks! I'll get another Gudgeon after my vacation.

Fanatic

What do you think about adding the CPD back to the 31 gallon?
If I did it, would that be pushing it? Or would it be OK?

Anders247

Sorry, missed the mention, you probably edited it in to the post, right? That doesn't show up in notifications for whatever reason.
I think you would be fine with the CPDs and another PG.

Fanatic

Sorry, missed the mention, you probably edited it in to the post, right? That doesn't show up in notifications for whatever reason.
I think you would be fine with the CPDs and another PG.

Yeah, edited it but should have just done another post or something.
What about Bamboo Shrimp? Could those fit into the tank with the CPD, and another PG? I think that might be a bit much. I'd just do 2 of the shrimp though.

Anders247

I think they would work.

Fanatic

Alright, then here's my future stock.

10 White Skirts
8 Albino Cory
2 Bamboo Shrimp
1 Honey Gourami
1 BN Pleco
2 Peacock Gudgeons

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies