Another Pair Of Unknown Honey Gourami? Question

Discussion in 'Gouramis' started by FishMommer, Apr 25, 2019.

1. FishMommerValued MemberMember

Curious. I am sure I could wait and it would be more clear, but thought I would put 2 more Honey Gourami (or are they?) to the test. Male or Female?

I think the one is definitely a male - especially as the fin below him is showing some darker coloring. I thought maybe the new one was a girl. Looks larger maybe more rounded? Maybe dorsal is more rounded? Then I thought it looked like it was getting some color on it's bottom fin too? So now I am more confused. And is the darkness coloring on both / either or a sign of something wrong?

First the new one. Then the old one. Then both together. Best pics I could get for now. IMG_4651.jpgIMG_4573.jpg

Funny. Hard to tell with the lighting in pics. But in the tank the one to the right in both pics is lighter. But maybe they are both male which is why they are looking alike in color here?

Attached Files:

2. DoubleDutchFishlore LegendMember

Two real honeys T.chuna.
    Looks like a male / female.

3. FishMommerValued MemberMember

Thanks! That's what I was thinking too, although maybe with them being young it is harder to tell. They are so sweet. They appeared to be dancing a little today? Like swirling around each other. And at one point they nestled on the floor and just stared my way after feeding. :emoji_heart: