another newbie here

cory

Reaction score
hi there!
my names cory,i live in canada(nova scotia)me and my girlfriend were giving a 20 gallon fishtank a few weeks ago got hooked(even know my first 3 iridecent sharks didnt make it , it was a disaster-they ended up with ich only 6 of my 9 tigger barbs made it to the 55 g , well two got eaten . now we have a 55 gallon fish tank with 3 mollies , 6 tiger barbs , 2 apple snails and a pleco we plan on getting some platys, harlequins and a couple more apple snails.ive been reading that these are all good beginner fish to start with.
nice to meet everyone here hope to learn alot here!

cory

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to FishLore!!
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Welcome to Fish Lore Cory If you haven't done so already, please read about the Nitrogen Cycle in the Beginner's Articles (which can be found in the Freshwater Beginners board).

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore ;D ;D

zeddy

Valued Member
Reaction score
hi Cory. ich is a very common problem that is easily cured, but you should really get yourself a quarantine tank for treating your fish. Some fish like your dojo loaches don't like the ich med. Good luck with your new tank

sgould

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Welcome!

shatin

Reaction score
Welcome - newbie from another newbie - wow I am struggling to remember all the lingo and terminlogy used in this field. Let alone getting to know the name of the different fish species. I happen to have 3 molly fish oops or is it Mollie - anyway - I noticed that the one Mollie looked round like a ball - frantically i called David Fish - Fish is just my nickname for the seller at the shop where I bought my fishtank from. I separted the Molly from the rest and within a short time I was able to resque ten babies as mommy Mollie had a feast eating the others - little did I know that the babies become a meal to their mother - in shock I saw her eating some and as quick as I could removed the babies - I acted purely on instinct - thank the Universe for being a mother - only then I called David Fish - as I am in Hong Kong and a South African who can speak only a few words in Cantonese or Mandarin had to find a way to communicate between hand gestures, and grabbing people around me to try and made Daviod to understand what I was asking - shew at least we now have some form of understandable communication between us.

thanks for learning from you

Elize and greetings from a hot and very humid Hong Kong
]

Bonochick

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome, cory! ;D

Ich is very frustrating, I lost an adorable lemon tetra and my beloved angel to it. Hope you end up having much better luck from now on.

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrimpy

Valued Member
Reaction score
cory said:
hi there!
my names cory,i live in canada(nova scotia)me and my girlfriend were giving a 20 gallon fishtank a few weeks ago got hooked(even know my first 3 iridecent sharks didnt make it , it was a disaster-they ended up with ich only 6 of my 9 tigger barbs made it to the 55 g , well two got eaten . now we have a 55 gallon fish tank with 3 mollies , 6 tiger barbs , 2 apple snails and a pleco we plan on getting some platys, harlequins and a couple more apple snails.ive been reading that these are all good beginner fish to start with.
nice to meet everyone here hope to learn alot here!

cory
Welcome and i hope everything goes well

Maxamas

Reaction score
Hello welcome to fish lore hope you fish pull through

Tazmiche

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the MAD fish tank!! :;z

BettaBuddy ~ Miley

Well Known Member
Reaction score