Another New Pond Thread. Question

1. Dandelion-Dream Member Member

I've seen alot of full care sheets and stocking lists posted on this forum, and I was wondering you one of you pond geeks could provide me with a care guide for a 300 gallon comet goldfish pond I'll be getting in September/October. I'd really appreciate it, being that I'm a total newbie to ponds and I'll need all the help I can get.

Also, are there any low-maintenance floating (No soil) pond plants that are hardy in zone 6, that aren't water lilies? (They're crazy expensive)

2. Manjit Member Member

I had a pond... But now I have shifted so I will also start a new pond soon after Monsoon (rainy season) is over...
    I would suggest you some thing's that many people forget is to build a bog area along with the pond...
    It depends on your creativity. you can also make that in middle... It is very necessary for a healthy pond....
    Second to make setup ready for getting rid of exess water anytime...
    get some covers to keep it safe from rain water as acid rain can change total chemistry of your pond... and some nets to cover your pond when you are not around... because birds are a huge problem

3. FishRFriendz Member Member

Buy seeds. Lotus seeds are cheap. Even if you screw up germinating a few seeds you're bound to get it right eventually and for a fraction of the cost of a lilly bulb.

4. Duckyn Member Member

Duckweed grows everywhere, right? :D Just ask someone with a pond if you can have a cupful. Free and easy!

Although it has its downsides. ;)