Another new guy!

1. Strannik Initiate Member

Yo!

My name's Dan, and I'm from Livingston in Scotland. My Dad has been keeping tropical fish since before I was born (I'm 21 now!) and I've taken an active interest in the hobby for as long as I've been able to spell "fish". :;sharky

A few months ago I moved into my own house and began keeping my own aquarium, making a catalogue of schoolboy errors (choosing to find my own feet rather than listen to Dad's experience). Started off with a small 28Ltr tank, kept Black Neons, a Betta and a Red Fin for a while, this of course only lasted until the Red Fin established his territory (as the entire bottom of the tank), I then removed the Red Fin to my Dad's 90Ltr tank. I then got a couple of Dwarf Gouramis to replace him, which again, was a mistake as all of you will be aware. I then removed my beloved Betta, again to my Dad's tank. It was amazing to watch its temperament change and it even interacts perfectly well with its old adversary.

I've now got an 80Ltr tank in which I keep 4 Odessa Barbs, 2 Dwarf Gouramis, 6 Black Neons, 10 Neons and a Red Fin, all in perfect harmony. :;hug2

I look forward to learning from the FishLore community and generally enjoying the chat with other fish keepers.

Thanks!

Strannik

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Pleasure to meet you and to have you with us!

3. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore! Hope you enjoy the site!

4. Disc61 Well Known Member Member

Hello and welcome to Fishlore:;hi2

5. Borisbbadd Guest

Welcome !!!

6. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Welcome to FishLore!
    Carol

7. OUTINFRONT Member Member

ENJOY the forum!!!:anim_65::sign0016:

8. fresh water Member Member

Welcome to Fish Lore. A great place to learn about the hobby.

9. angel_scout Well Known Member Member

Welcome to Fishlore!

10. buck0808 Initiate Member

Welcome!!

11. MD Angels Well Known Member Member

Welcome Strannik! :;bananasplit

12. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

Welcome to FishLore, Dan! The difference between the dumb man, smart man and the wise man: The dumb man doesn’t learn form his mistakes, the smart man does and the wise man learns from watching the dumb man and smart man make the mistakes. We all make mistakes but as long as you learn from them you will be able to keep fish successfully.

13. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Welcome to the Forum, I hope you have as much fun here as I have had.:;scorpion

14. orandagal Member Member

Welcome Strannik,
    I know you will enjoy this site, very nice helpful people all the way around :) and Bowcrazy, I love your motto about mistakes-we all make them -:;perfect