Another 'Is this ich?' post..

Kput

Reaction score
Noticed the spotting on my gloshark today. There have been some new tank additions so it's possible it came along with..
Coincidentally we lost a glasscat today (not sure if he wedged himself under some driftwood, or he died in that spot) and ammonia was up a bit .5-1.0ish.

I did a water change when I noticed the gloshark. I've pulled him into a quarantine tank and was planning on waiting 24 hours to see if it spread on him or any other fish before I start temperature/paraguard treatment.

Just looking to verify its ich via photos if possible. It's only on his fins and I didn't notice them til today.

Attachments

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
The best sign of itch is the fish scratch themself over thing in aquarium because they have itching.That small white dot all over their body,fin,gil could be a sign of itch.If they are gapping air or breath heavily then they should be treat by medicine for faster cure.Aqual salt only good when you only see one white dot on them.Use the medicine is best bet.Follow the intruction.You should quarantine them and treat in small tank or either treat them in main tank with plants
.1-The main tank should be empty live stock and crank up the heat to 91-92*F to kill parasite for a week and 100% water change .
.2-.if you have plants in tank TAKE THE CARBON FILTER OUT OF WATER FILTER ,then keep it 82*F treat it with full doze medicine twice and 100% water change.
*****Add carbon filter and run very last before add fish back to tank after treat fish completely.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002ASG9K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Kput

Reaction score
Update:

The gloshark with the white dots is now swimming upside-down. Everything says it's an issue with his swim bladder, possibly related to constipation, or bacterial infection. I've dosed him with malachite for now to see if he improves, I might try feeding a pea.

The community tank is showing no signs of an ich infestation. I've started raising the temp and dosed with paraguard.

Vinh

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Kput said:
Update:

The gloshark with the white dots is now swimming upside-down. Everything says it's an issue with his swim bladder, possibly related to constipation, or bacterial infection. I've dosed him with malachite for now to see if he improves, I might try feeding a pea.

The community tank is showing no signs of an ich infestation. I've started raising the temp and dosed with paraguard.
Temp should raise slowly..2 degree each hour..

jkkgron2

Valued Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with a glo shark I bought from the petstore! He had Ich and then started swimming upside down, I hope yours gets better as I was unfortunately unable to get medication at the time and my glo shark sadly did not make it. I hope yours will make it now that your treating him, good luck!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom