Another Fancy Goldfish Question

Madison1017

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Hi guys,

I recently asked about if I could keep fancy goldfish in my 37 gallon tank eventually when my community fish in it pass away, but then I got to thinking. I have other tanks I could move my rasboras, otos, and ram into and they'd be just fine, my only obstacle would be my peppered corydoras. They're all 2-3 inches big so they really need the bigger tank, but since they prefer cooler water, I was wondering if they'd be okay in a tank with a pearlscale or ranchu goldfish if I kept the water at 70 or 72 degrees? I know goldfish sometimes eat smaller fish, but they're pretty big. Would they be okay/compatible?

LiterallyABetta

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Goldfish at full size will try to eat the cories, but the catfish barbs will kill them, so I wouldn’t recommend it.

Madison1017

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
LiterallyABetta said:
Goldfish at full size will try to eat the cories, but the catfish barbs will kill them, so I wouldn’t recommend it.
Even smaller types of goldfish like pearlscales that only get 6 inches or so? My biggest cory would be half it's size then

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Some have had great success with cories and the smaller fancies. If you do want to try, start with small goldies and watch diligently- more so once the goldies get larger.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom