another excited newbie

amandamonjaras

Reaction score
i am new to the fish hobby. i've had my fish for about 2 months now. I have a five gallon tank with about 8 grown guppies, 5-10 baby guppies, 3 marbled mollies, and two orange dalamtion mollies ( 1 male, 1 female). i also have a empty 2 gallon one that i plan on setting up for my pregnant mommies in my tank - jus tunitl they give birth. i aslo have a dragon fish and rubber nosed algea eater. i know that i need a bigger tank for new babies. but they were unexpected- ia had two gold fish but they died. anyway, just wanted to introduce my fish and say hi

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hi welcome to fishlore . Yes your tank is quite overstocked, check out the various articles on fishlore.com and the stickys in the beginners board

Luniyn

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore! And wow that is a full bowl of fish you got there.

Jmarcus

Valued Member
Reaction score
Welcome to FishLore

Stradius011

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore! You have like 4 times the number of fish you should have in there. By the way, dragon gobies get huge.

tan.b

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i'm surprised they even fit in there! at least you know now and can sort it. the guide is an inch per gallon! any questions do ask! welcome to fishlore! tan

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
how did u do it..? im surprised they all survived and are fine

amandamonjaras

Reaction score
i guess i've got a hardy bunch of fish in there!!

lolagurl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
i kinda wish i could do that.. i have a 5gallon hex with one mollie,, i was gonna get one more but i wish i could get more then one

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
amandamonjaras said:
i am new to the fish hobby. i've had my fish for about 2 months now. I have a five gallon tank with about 8 grown guppies, 5-10 baby guppies, 3 marbled mollies, and two orange dalamtion mollies ( 1 male, 1 female). i also have a empty 2 gallon one that i plan on setting up for my pregnant mommies in my tank - jus tunitl they give birth. i aslo have a dragon fish and rubber nosed algea eater. i know that i need a bigger tank for new babies. but they were unexpected- ia had two gold fish but they died. anyway, just wanted to introduce my fish and say hi
Welcome to fishlore We're fairly new to fish keeping ourselves, starting just after Christmas with our 1st Betta (a Christmas present to my wife). We have just finished a pregnancy with one of our Platys (she only had 3 batches fortunately - also unexpected. ).
Sounds like you have enough fish there to get a case of MTS (multiple tank syndrome).. we have that ourselves and are currently at 5 tanks. These fish have turned out to be better pets than i expected before we had any.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom