Another Dose Of General Cure?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by nicoless, Apr 22, 2018.

1. nicolessValued MemberMember

My betta has been showing long, white, stringy poops and increased lethargy. I dosed her tank with API General Cure a few days ago, but I'm not seeing much of an improvement.

I was wondering if it's safe/recommended to try another dose of General Cure so soon after the first one?

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
  2. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

The box recommends multiple treatments at least three treatments I believe.

25% watcher change, meds wait 48 hours and that’s one treatment done. Repeat.

3. nicolessValued MemberMember

Sorry I should have clarified-- I did follow the box instructions with the 2 doses, 48 hours, water change, etc.

I'm wondering if I should repeat it again, or if there's something else I should try. Thank you!

4. FashoogaFishlore VIPMember

It takes more than a few treatments to get results. Some fish are so far with the disease that you have to do multiple treatments.

Are you treating in a QT tank or the main tank? If the fish is eating that’s a good sign. As long it’s not spitting it out.

5. nicolessValued MemberMember

Okay- I will give her another dose, thank you!

I'm treating in the main tank. She's still a good eater. She's been spitting it out for the past couple days, but only because I've been soaking the food in garlic, and she does eventually eat it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice