Another dismal attempt at pics of Myst

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Well, since I had the camera out taking pics of the tank, I decided to try to get a good one of Myst. It didn't turn out great, but you can kind of see his lavender coloring......
(he's dancing with his reflection....... can you see his flaring chin?)

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
He is a darling. I know he would not like the term darling but he is nonetheless. I love the lavender. The picture is actually not bad. He is just not a camera ham yet. They all get there eventually. He is one of the finer ones of my acquaintance.

He looks like he has quite the personality and can be a little feisty ( a sign of a good little Betta person )

Rose

SunnShadow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yes, he can be feisty. He has taken to "stalking" the Otos and causing them to dart from their resting places. Then he just watches them swim away before investigating where they were resting, as though he thinks maybe they were hiding some precious snack from him.
But at the same time, he can be so darn sweet. Letting me pet him, wriggling his tail right before he breaks contact with my finger, as if to say "that's nice, but I gotta go" or "I'm a BIG fish"....
If my darn camera hadn't run low on batteries, I might have gotten better pics of him. Oh well... there's always next time (and the time after that, and the time after that, and the time after.......)
Besides dancing with is reflection, he loves to dance in the bubbles..... but I won't even attempt that pic!!

S.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
All that activity mean healthy so I am so glad to hear it. And how many times lately have we heard about their love of the Bubbles. For fish who supposedly love quiet water, they are the best little bubble surfers I have ever seen and the Otos love them too. My Otos sleep on the Bubble Wand.

Rose

Joe G

Valued Member
Reaction score
he looks happy, battas look much better when they are in a tank. Not like when you go to the pet store and they are in plastic cups, just sitting their.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom