Another crazy idea-water change w/inline fertilizer injector

Johnez

I'm building a python like contraption and I'm wondering if anybody has tried carrying out a water change with an inline fertilizer injector. They're generally used in dosing lawns/gardens with fertilizer, however I thought why not use this to dose an aquarium with dechlorinator? I like this idea because I hate hate hate dosing a whole aquarium with dechlor, it seems so wasteful. If I could dose the water before it hits the tank, that'd save a ton and be less wasteful. Here's the injector I'm thinking about using:

It has a straight forward ratio of 1 oz per 1 gallon and if I premix safe with R/O water I can perfectly treat the incoming water.

Has anyone tried this? Is there anything to watch out for? If it works out well I'm going to put up a youtube video for any interested. Thanks for reading!

Johnez

Alright fellas I got one on order. This will either be super awesome or a dud. I'll shoot video and create a running thread for my other ideas, maybe do one a week since I've got no shortage.

minervalong

I have a saline drip outfit I use for acclimating fishies and for injecting Prime during water changes. I use a syringe to fill the bag, then put the lead back in and set the little thumbwheelie thing for as fast a drip as I need.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom