Another addition soon! :-)

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
G'morning...
after taking in the advice.... I have talked it over with my husband and he agree's that the 10 gallon with a divider would be fine for another betta!  ;D
Soooo on that note! I'm going to keep checking out the LFS til I find the one that  I want! I have loved the ones Ive seen here of other posters and fell in love with the true black betta.. the white with red on the fins...the cobalt color...But know that finding the unusual  color betta will be tricky. I know the shipments come in on thursdays so will have to scout around on those days!  ;D Not sure if it will be another male or get a female this time. But I'm excited at the prospect of getting another betta!  ;D  Wish me luck!!   Of course if I got a female.. maybe I can try my hand at breeding??!!
Have a great sunday everyone!  

new note: ON breeding the betta. I just read chickadee's post on breeding bettas. And I will leave that to the professionals! And will enjoy instead taking care of the one I have and the other one I hope to have soon.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
You should try . They spoil their Bettas, ship great and communicate well with customers. You can find the Betta you want there I bet.

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Yay!!! I have a partner in crime - LOL! Someone else with no self control who just must rescue a betta from it's cup death trap! I am so excited for you and I hope you find your new waterbaby soon. The black ones are beautiful, the white ones stole my heart, and Lila is a butterfly and she is the most beautiful girl ever (speaking from my very unbiased opinion of course!)

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
lol.. the betta bug is VERY powerful! we're going to an IBC show in a couple weeks and I don't know how we'll resist bringing home 1 or 2.. or more new babies.. we have to stay away from Petco until then (where we almost brought home 4 of them friday :'() .. although we have no place for more bettas now.. we'd figure something out..

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
jealousy ensues! I wanna go-- take me, take me!!! ;D You do need to stay away from Petco b/c you will be bringing home some beautiful babies from that show. And I want one too :'(

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
jealousy ensues! I wanna go-- take me, take me!!! ;D You do need to stay away from Petco b/c you will be bringing home some beautiful babies from that show. And I want one too :'(
i'm not sure how far you are from Lancaster, but they had a show there yesterday. - you could bookmark this & keep an eye out for the next show (and stock up on cycled tanks in the meanwhile.

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
About 2 hours away I think. yeah, I saw that after it was too late. Man it would be cool to have a show quality betta. Not that these pet store babies aren't just beautiful. But you know.

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
About 2 hours away I think. yeah, I saw that after it was too late. Man it would be cool to have a show quality betta. Not that these pet store babies aren't just beautiful. But you know.
Yea, we love them all the same no matter what kind they are, but it would be nice to own one of the fancy show bettas.

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
You should try . They spoil their Bettas, ship great and communicate well with customers.  You can find the Betta you want there I bet.
If you got your beautiful bettas through them, I'm betting that the miamiaquariums are the way to go for some folks. Unfortunatly.. the cost of shipping is way out of my league. So will scout around the LFS that I go to, and that is Petsmart. I haven't had any problems with them yet. And they say that they change the water in those cups 3 times a day. Everytime Ive been there, they have been doing water changes to the betta cups.

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Genie said:
Yay!!! I have a partner in crime - LOL!  Someone else with no self control who just must rescue a betta from it's cup death trap!  I am so excited for you and I hope you find your new waterbaby soon.  The black ones are beautiful, the white ones stole my heart, and Lila is a butterfly and she is the most beautiful girl ever (speaking from my very unbiased opinion of course!)
Hello Genie.. I know that you have beautiful bettas ! ;D and Lila is gorgeous.. I think she is the one that got me convinced that I wanted another.
I will also scout around the yard sales this summer for tanks and set ups so that I can have at least one cycled at all times for another addition!

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
lol.. the betta bug is VERY powerful!  we're going to an IBC show in a couple weeks and I don't know how we'll resist bringing home 1 or 2.. or more new babies.. we have to stay away from Petco until then (where we almost brought home 4 of them friday :'() .. although we have no place for more bettas now.. we'd figure something out.. 
How nice~ ;D You folks are so lucky to have all those bettas. and I love Soras video.. I still chuckle when I think of it. ;D What a great job you are doing with your family of bettas!

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
yeah, I was thinking about doing the yard sale scout out too! My husband thinks I am out of control. My parents have a 20 gallon that I could have if I drove the 7 hours to their house to get it, then I would have to figure out where to put it! I have a tiny apt. and I can't convince my husband to move because of the fish!

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple said:
You should try . They spoil their Bettas, ship great and communicate well with customers.  You can find the Betta you want there I bet.
Thank you for the link.. I just went to the site and WOW   they are beautiful!! I fell in love with the butterfly multI color. Of course that orange and black short tail was really neat. So the shipping really isn't that bad, Funny... I told my husband who is watching the baseball game about the site. And would you believe??!!   He pulled up a chair and had to check them out with me.. ****!
So he said.. honey.. if they really have such nice stock you should maybe look into it??.. < hes a sweetiepie>  :-*   So guess I may look into that after all!  But part of me will still check out the LFS, as my betta phoenix has had no health problems and doing great! <fingers crossed>

OP
C

capekate

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Genie said:
yeah, I was thinking about doing the yard sale scout out too!  My husband thinks I am out of control.  My parents have a 20 gallon that I could have if I drove the 7 hours to their house to get it, then I would have to figure out where to put it!  I have a tiny apt. and I can't convince my husband to move because of the fish!
LOL I hear ya!! The yardsales are a great place to find decorations.. driftwood etc etc, that normally costs ALOT of money at the store! With the cost of gas these days.. maybe that 7 hour trip wouldnt be worth it. Unless.. you pick it up the next time you go for a visit?

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
capekate - tell your hubby that he's cool. thanks on sora's vid - he is the sweetest male betta we've ever seen. we've not ordered from miamI aquariums yet, but a friend of ours has and everyone who has raves about them enough that i'm fully confident recommending them.

The yard sales can be a ticket to a GREAT deal - my mother was out at the yard sales a couple weeks ago and called me to ask if I wanted a 5 gallon hex tank for $5. Then when I got the aquarium, I saw that it had some stuff in it - a visitherm stealth heater, a in-tank glass thermometer, a silk tall plant, a plastic plant and a sunken ship decor. The tank only has a couple tiny scuffs.. and is currently cycling. She knows we'll take pretty much any tank she finds, that was the 2nd one. We got a 10 gallon glass rectangular but it wasn't nearly as good of a deal - still good, but not like the 5 gallon hex. that was a steal.

genie

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
FLBettaCouple:
Florida is the land of thrift shops. My grandma gets great stuff at yard sales and thrift shops. I just need to move! I say that as I am cycling a 33 gal tank-- yeah I can move it without disturbing the cycle-- not!

COBettaCouple

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Genie said:
FLBettaCouple:
Florida is the land of thrift shops. My grandma gets great stuff at yard sales and thrift shops. I just need to move! I say that as I am cycling a 33 gal tank-- yeah I can move it without disturbing the cycle-- not!
yea, and yard saling is a culture here. lol.. you'll need a few NFL players for moving the 33g full of water.

New Threads