ANNOUNCEMENT: Vishaquatics Officially Starting Phase 1 of Business Shutdown

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello FishLore,

I am officially announcing my plans to close down Vishaquatics by Summer of 2020.

Here is some context for my business and this decision:

I have been keeping aquariums since I was 5 years old, and got into keeping planted aquariums at the age of 10 or 11. My passion for this hobby continued to grow and before I knew it, I wanted to create a business out of this hobby. Toward the end of my freshman year of high school, I decided to create the business that is now known as Vishaquatics. It was a difficult journey, especially creating my own unique growing method, but at the end of the day I must give a lot of credit to this wonderful community. It is now at the peak of this business venture that I can truly appreciate the awesomeness of my customers, the Fishlore community, and the moderators of this forum (especially Mike for letting me sponsor this website). With this community’s support and business, I’ve had the privilege to produce and sell thousands of submerged grown aquatic plants and become a fully licensed business.

I am now a high school senior, and am getting ready to go off to college soon. Since these next couple of months are going to be really busy, I have decided to start the process of shutting down my business.

This was a difficult decision that was not made lightly, but all good things must eventually come to an end. I will most likely not be able to sell in college because of the time commitment that it takes to run Vishaquatics. I will still be available to consult my previous customers, but will likely not being taking on new clients.

PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT completely shut down yet. I am still continuing to sell plants, but I will only be selling a select few species and will be producing much less than I normally do

I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for supporting my business and making this forum an awesome place. You all have helped me feel welcome to this community, and I'm grateful for the opportunity to provide this forum with some good plants. Thank you to each and every one of you. FishLore has been amazing to me and I appreciate all of you. Thank you once again.

david1978

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Any thought for after college? I know that's way down the road.

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
david1978 said:
Any thought for after college? I know that's way down the road.
Honestly, I'm not too sure. I've always dreamed of opening up an ultra hightech aquatic plant warehouse that only grows plants submerged that is snail free, algae free, etc. I want to bring the planted tank hobby mainstream, so that planted tanks will become as popular as dogs or cats.

But for now, I have no real plans. In four years, I think I'll be able to give a more definitive answer :)

LivebearerMom

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Wow, I can't believe you are only in high school and running a business! Good for you!

mattgirl

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It would be great if you were to stop by from time to time to let us know how things are going. Hopefully I will still be here should you decide to start your business back up once college is behind you. Wishing you the very best as you start this new part of your life. :)

Rcslade124

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Yeah Holly heck. I had no idea you were in high school either. Great plants you have a bright future ahead

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LivebearerMom said:
Wow, I can't believe you are only in high school and running a business! Good for you!
Thanks! It is difficult at times, especially with everything else like sports and classes, but this business has always been a priority.

mattgirl said:
It would be great if you were to stop by from time to time to let us know how things are going. Hopefully I will still be here should you decide to start your business back up once college is behind you. Wishing you the very best as you start this new part of your life. :)
I will be posting updates for sure! Thank you so much!

Rcslade124 said:
Yeah Holly heck. I had no idea you were in high school either. Great plants you have a bright future ahead
I appreciate it, thanks!

TWiG87

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Thanks for some great plants! Good luck in college and your future endeavors!

Mongo75

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I think I speak for all of us, when I wish you the best of luck in college, and I think you're making the best decision, education first :)

Vishaquatics

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
TWiG87 said:
Thanks for some great plants! Good luck in college and your future endeavors!
Thank you for being a great customer! I appreciate your well wishes

Mongo75 said:
I think I speak for all of us, when I wish you the best of luck in college, and I think you're making the best decision, education first :)
Thank you! Your words mean a lot to me, I truly appreciate it.

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads