Angry Betta Question

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by skyla blue, Nov 10, 2018.

1. s

skyla blue Valued Member Member

Ok for the last 2 years almost i've keep my 2 bettas in the same tank and they don't attack each other.
    And today i got another tank for my neon tetras and wanted to put the female betta in with them.
    When i removed the female betta the male started attacking the other fish and ended up killing my 3 balloon mollies. When i put the female back in he stopped attacking the fish and just stayed around her and didn't attack her or the other fish.
    Are my betta attached to each other or is something else going on?
    This has never happened to me in my 5 years of breeding and caring for bettas.

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

You had a male and female betta together?
    Neon tetras really aren't great to keep along with bettas, they require cooler water and are supposedly nippy at times, especially with long betta fins.

3. david1978

david1978 Fishlore VIP Member

Tank size?
    Stocking?

4. OP
    OP
    s

the female betta has vary small fins so the tetras wouldn't nip her

5. OP
    OP
    s

2 bettas male and female
    1 female guppy
    2 pelcos
    1 pink glow fish
    1 female sail fin molly
    25 gal tank

6. OP
    OP
    s

the male and female have been in the same tank for almost 2 years and never fight but when i take the female out he attacks the other fish so i have to keep her with him or he gets mad

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice