angle fish pair in courner of tank ?? Help

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by darrellg1, Dec 31, 2009.

1. darrellg1

darrellg1 Well Known Member Member

Ive just recently posted a thread about my ablges not breeding its been over a month now and they have now moved them selfs to one courner of the tank and both sit there faceing the back of the tank breeding tubes are still visable but no intrest in breeding no cleaning of leaves of glass or pumps at all i have 4 corys a pleco and 6x bleeding heart tetras and to mollies male and female in with them and have done from the begining just dont understand why there breeding pattern has stopped they have had 9 batches of eggs since they have been adults ive been told by a few pet stores that i go to they could have stopped breeding all together for good is this true? my water temp is still the same the feeding times and foods are still the same the ph level is still good doing a 20% water change every week any advice and help would be good or are my local pet shop right? :;dk

2. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

IMO , no they are not right...my angels breed when they want too...sometimes weeks in between and sometimes months...dont fret about them...as long as they are healthy and your water parimeters are good, they will do it when they feel like it....

3. bettafish2816

bettafish2816 Fishlore VIP Member

i wouldn't worry about it :) as long as your water parameters are good and there doesn't appear to be anything else wrong then they're probably just being lazy, lol!

4. mikea079

mikea079 Valued Member Member

darrell, like shawnie and agabr says there's nothing to worry about. i go though the same thing with my breeding pair. mine have also spawned a few weeks apart to even 3-4 months apart. they are very good at testing your patience.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice