angle fish breeding!!! Question

1. darrellg1 Well Known Member Member

Hello all since being on the forum now ive had towm of my angles pair up and are breeding every 10-12 days now as none of the fry seem to survie the wriggles stage they have had 11 bathces of eggs now the first batch was the best a lot of the eggs survived but didnt get past the wriggles stage as i had other fish inside the tank with them and i guess they got eaten or the parnets eat them instead but since then they are in a tank of there own with 4 corys and a pleco which dont seem to bother them at all but the eggs just dont seem to surrvie and the last 4 batches of eggs just seem to all go white over night but the parnets go through the breeding procdure for 2 hours or more and i defo have a female and a male as i think i wouldnt of had wriggles other with and there breeding tubes are completely diffrent from one and other is there any chance that my male could be infertile??????? HELP ME PLS ANY SUGGESTIONS TO GET AROUND THIS?????????:-\:-\:-\

2. peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Hi Darrell,

Sorry you're going through this problem. I'm not experienced with breeding angels so hope another member with that kind of experience or info can swing by to help fast. Good luck! :;hf

3. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

did you confuse the wrong pairs? maybe you got 2 gals together?

4. darrellg1 Well Known Member Member

i dont think i have as they both seem to have diffrent tubes and i get a few wriggles every now and then but then they all die and dissapear?????

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

once you have free swimmers, you should net the parents out and put them back in the bigger tank and just let the fry grow out alone :)

6. darrellg1 Well Known Member Member

ok shawnie ill do that thank you

7. Neji Member Member

8. haddaj04 Member Member

They might still be too young to produce healthy fry? How old are they? I've read a few places that the first few batches will be eaten by the parents and that the fry that survive will typically be weaker.

9. navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Well Me and my wife have been breeding Angels now for about 3 months and gotta say that we don't leave the eggs in the tank with their parents for more than a day or two. For 2 reasons 1. been water quality and second other fish that are with their parents sharing the same tank. Like the video above specified water changes are really important we use RO water from our filtration system. We prefer sponge filter tho. Along with one good air stone close to the area where the eggs are attached. The eggs need good water flow. Once any eggs become white pick them out if not picked in time fungus will spread to all the eggs. Once the fry are free swimmers we fed them brine shrimp newly hatched if the shrimp are too big they fish can eat them another option is decapsulated brine shrimp eggs. after about 2 months or so they fry will stop eating them so need to switch to a better diet. We used frozen blood worms, spirulina with brine shrimp and crushed flake food. Hope this helps. If any questions PM me. :;hi2