Angels with tetras or mollies?

KaiCrewger

HI all, I've got a question about stocking angelfish.

Right now I've got a 54 gallon corner tank with 6 each of silvertip, black phantom, and cardinal tetras, and 5 salt and pepper corys. I've also got a 36 with 4 mollies that I recently purchased. My question is, I was thinking of getting a small group of baby/small angelfish next, and I was planning on putting them with the tetras, but a thread I saw on here mentioned that the angels might go a little better with the mollies, along with maybe some guppies. Any thoughts?

MuShu

I have an angel in with my mollies.

Dave125g

aliray

As long as the tetras that you keep are not fin nippers than the angles should be fine. Also as the angels grow you don't want them with tiny fish that they can swallow. Welcome to the forum and glad you're here. Alison

Dave125g

A large enough school of tetras would be less likely to nip as they will be too distracted by each other

KaiCrewger

I was thinking of getting about 6 baby angels, the LFS I go to has them smaller than the cardinals length-wise. Also more plants and cardinals, since they're the smallest right now and are just hanging toward the bottom of the tank. Has anyone else seen their cardinals eating sinking tablets instead of floating flakes/pellets?

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom