Angels turn pale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Ok this might sound like a dum subject but I have Zebra Angels and they some times lose their stripes, then I go up to the tank and they get them back or just randomly they come back, is that normal? I would like to know why that happens.
-Thanks

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
what tank are they in rob? I dont see angels listed in your info fish will/can change colors with moods...but it could be breeding behavoir, stress, or water parimeters are off ....as long as all of the things are ok, id keep an eye on them ....although I have some striped ones, ive never seen them go totally pale without stripes

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
what tank are they in rob? I dont see angels listed in your info fish will/can change colors with moods...but it could be breeding behavoir, stress, or water parimeters are off ....as long as all of the things are ok, id keep an eye on them ....although I have some striped ones, ive never seen them go totally pale without stripes
Sorry Shawnie i have to update my info. The Angels are in a 29 gal with 6 zebra danio, 3 mollys and 2 cory. They dont "completely" lose their color but the stripes fade, maybe is mood because when they feed they are fully striped and when i get close to the tank also.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Sorry Shawnie i have to update my info. The Angels are in a 29 gal with 6 zebra danio, 3 mollys and 2 cory. They dont "completely" lose their color but the stripes fade, maybe is mood because when they feed they are fully striped and when i get close to the tank also.
long as the danios arent stressing them out, and parimeters are good, could be breeding behavoir...or the danios driving them bonkers lol ...spastic lil buggers they are....if you see them picking on eachother, and cleaning off surfaces of rocks, plants or even the filter intake, thats breeding behavior...

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
long as the danios arent stressing them out, and parimeters are good, could be breeding behavoir...or the danios driving them bonkers lol ...spastic lil buggers they are....if you see them picking on eachother, and cleaning off surfaces of rocks, plants or even the filter intake, thats breeding behavior...
I actually have the best experience with my zebras, and yea one of them chases but doesn't nip the other and they do clean off surfaces but ummm they are quarter sized 0.o roughly 2 inches tall...

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I actually have the best experience with my zebras, and yea one of them chases but doesn't nip the other and they do clean off surfaces but ummm they are quarter sized 0.o roughly 2 inches tall...
sounds about the size of getting closer to mating maturity behavior .....usually 6-8 months old they get more aggressive and start the behavior....im glad your danios behave.....

R0B

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
sounds about the size of getting closer to mating maturity behavior .....usually 6-8 months old they get more aggressive and start the behavior....im glad your danios behave.....
Ok that's good to know, i have really fallen for Angels and their personalities. When i got my danios they tor their fins barely off but then just mellowed down and they are super super calm. I actually just moved my tetras and the danios kept swimming into the nets lol they aren't scared of anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom