Angels spawned...

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
As you know I have tubs outside for the summer. Now the angels-1 koi and 1 sunset blusher have spawned on the side of the tub. We'll just have to see how they do. I think when they go wigglers(if the eggs last that long) i may siphon them into a bucket and bring them in. Wouldn't it be fascinating o see if they look different raised outside? I don't know- decisions! decisions!
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
That is really cool carol I can't wait for my angels to pair off and spawn. Will angels pair again if their "mate" dies??

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Usually they will pair again Skippi.
Carol

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks Carol wasn't sure.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Congratulations Carol!!! ;D I'm happy for you! I'd love to hear about angels being raised outside and if they'd look any different (perhaps better) than the angels raised under artificial conditions. After all, nature itself is the best possible environment to live as well as to breed for fish and for any animals really

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It was really exciting, I got to watch them spawn on the wall of the tub. It has rained the last two evenings so I think thats what encouragd the spawn.
Carol

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score
heck I'll spawn if it will make it rain here! We are having a terrible drought here, and I am sick of triple digit temperatures!!!
seriously, Carol, I think your tubs are a really neat idea - obviously the angels are loving it! Wish I could see them. Are you gonna take pics?
Denise

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'd love to have tubs in the summer, but as I've learned this particular summer, NY weather is no longer to be trusted. During the heat wave, it was too hot to keep fish outside EVEN in the shadow. Way too hot. Besides, it's too hot here practically every summer, and even if it's not, you never know how much the temperature can suddenly increase the next day. Too much to risk with delicate freshwater fish for me. Fortunately, the last 2-3 days were really nice in terms of weather here - it wasn't very humid and there was a nice breeze outside. Just now we're having a big thunderstorm with a lot of rain. For the next 2-3 days it's supposed to be nice as well. After that, heat and humidity are coming back (but hopefully it won't be anything like the heat wave!).

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Heres where the pictures are all ready posted. The angels are in the top tub.

Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
That's cool. Let us know how the fry are doing

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The eggs are all gone this afternoon I imagine the one red platy or the algae eater got them.
Carol

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh NO! :-\ Well ... maybe next summer, or perhaps again this summer? If not, maybe you could keep the two angels separately from all other fish to increase the chances of the fry making it.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I think the one red platy did it. She was teh last of a group I got at an auction and she was being terribly aggressive, so I put her outside thinking she would enjoy a bigger amount of water. She did calm down, but who can resist fresh cavier
Carol

hopesmom

Valued Member
Reaction score

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
oh dear I am so sorry. Platy sandwich anyone??

Rose
:'(

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
LOL Rose !!! I did feel a bit that way though
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!