Status
Not open for further replies.

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hey all,

My breeding pair of angels just laid eggs in a community tank. They laid on a filter intake, so I can't transfer them to a separate tank. It's getting close to the time where I'd shut the lights off, but I've nocturnal species in the tank (yoyo loaches). What should I do? I have a small "night light" I could use on the side of the aquarium they've taken over, I also have a sun shade/ car shade that I could use as a divider although I'm not too sure that's safe or not. Should I just turn the light off and hope the yoyos don't get to them?

Tyler Fishman

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I'd leave it on..Angels make great parents and defend their eggs readily. Unless you do have an egg tumbler on hand I don't think you can really do anything else expet hope your loaches aren't willing to pick a fight with your angles

smee82

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Angels are pretty good parents so i would just use a night light to brighten that area a little and hope for the best.

Without knowing more about the car shade i dont know if i.would use.it nut probably not on the off chance its toxic to the fish

Rainy day

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
I ended up going with the night light, my tetras and other angels went to sleep while the pair fanned their eggs. It looks like only 6 out of the 200+ are infertile, yikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom