Angels in a 45G?

1. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hello fishlore :) (warning, this is going to be a long post lol)

Some of you may know that I currently have koi in my 45G long and you may also know that I have a 34G reef.

My 34G reef was my first attempt at salty and I have thrown in the towel, so rather than keep my saltwater fish in a standard quality home im going to take them back to the fish store so they get the proper care they should have, my dad will be taking all of my invertebrates :)

The original plan was to get 4-5 angels in my 45G, once the koi go out into the pond, and raise them until I get a pair and then move the un-paired angels into the 72G, however with my 72G already fully stocked this clearly isn't a sensible idea.

So the new plan :)
    Once my salty tank is empty, give it a good cleaning and fill it back up as a freshwater tank, I will then put in 5-6 angels and let them grow until I get a pair.
    This is where my question finally comes in, will it be ok for me to keep the other un-paired angels in the 45G? Also once the paired angels have free swimming fry they will join the other angels in the 45G, so the question is, will 6 angels be ok in a 45G tank?
    And would I have room for some type of bottom feeder, e.g corys

Thanks,
    Ben

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

hey ben! whats the height on the 45g long? is it 19 inches? if so, I think you could keep 4 angels in the 45g L ..I think 6 would be pushing it ..and females will even pair up without a male and act like a m/f combo if they do so..they will even spawn like the m/f combo....but 4 would be ok with either bn plec or a nice school of cories....

3. platy ben Well Known Member Member

Hmm, I think its 17 inches or something not sure lol.

Can I push it 5 :D lol
    5 wouldn't be all the time while I grow out the fry and then the pair would go back in again to spawn :)
    Any suggestions on how many corys?

Thanks,
    Ben

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;laughingyou can push whatever you want...its your tank :p
    depends on what kind of cories...but if you just stick with a cory species of any kind, and no plecs or other bottom feeders, you could have 6-8

5. platy ben Well Known Member Member

YAYY:p
    Ok then, hows this :)

5 Angels
    and il start with 6 corys and might eventually bump it up to 8 if my parameters stay good :)

Thanks Shawnie :)

6. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

:;nw