Angels haven't spawned

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by Chloe432, Jul 1, 2014.

1. Chloe432New MemberMember

Hey guys I've had my 2 angels about 4-5 years and they have been more than happy together since I got them, yesterday they started like pecking the tank driftwood (they don't normally do this I presume it's cleaning for breeding) they were also quite aggressive to others in my tank which is a surprise as they have always been peaceful with there tank mates.
    I understand all this is breeding behaviour ,I just don't understand why it's took 5 years for this to happen for the first time, also after a day and a half they have calmed down no spawning but still show papilla ?

2. Claire Bear

Claire BearWell Known MemberMember

Hi and welcome.
    I have Angels and there is at least one set that has paired but I have not seen eggs as of yet. They have been paired for at least 4 or so months-no where near 4-5 years. :)
    They may be having eggs at night? Is it possible that a substrate cleaner-cory or maybe a pleco is eating them?

3. OP
    OP
    C

Chloe432New MemberMember

They could be having them at night as I do have a catfish with them also so he could be eating them at night . It's funny because I don't have room for anymore but I was so disappointed when I woke and didn't see eggs :(
    But I supose it's for the best , is there any chance they could be two males
    I heard that they wouldn't live happily if they were but these have been happy together just no sign of eggs

4. hgrad98Valued MemberMember

I have had 2 angels since last October/November. They are always around each other, but they haven't spawned either. If males are aggressive to each other, I don't think I have 2 males. But they haven't spawned.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice