Angels Doing The Deed!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ClanMcK, Apr 10, 2017.

1. ClanMcK

ClanMcKNew MemberMember

IMG_3787.jpg Ack! I am literally setting up a tank for a pair of angels and I look over to find they are already spawning in the main tank!!

They chose the top front corner of the glass between the edge and the thermometer. So, I can't move them now.....

Should I move everyone else out? (Cory's, Otocinclus, and Shrimp, two more angels)

Let nature run its course? The first batch probably won't make it anyway?

They just paired off a week or so ago, I thought I had a little more time.

2. Bizarro252

Bizarro252Well Known MemberMember

Unless you really want to keep the fry (and have a separate tank to move them to grow out, etc:)) I would let it run its course. I kept my pair in the community for ~2 years and they just kept trying. They didnt seem to get to stressed even though they lost (or ate) their eggs every time. I just moved my pair to a 20gal long last week and if we are lucky eggs should start to hatch today :) They left a lot of white ones though so not sure how successful this round will be.

Just keep an eye on them and the other 2 angels, they could start fighting so make sure they dont get to crazy. You could try a divider if needed.

Good luck, those are pretty!

3. OP
    OP
    ClanMcK

ClanMcKNew MemberMember

I have kept the lights off and offered frozen foods to help them keep their strength up. They have been nasty since pairing but seem to have mellowed now. The other two are laying low so no conflict so far. My biggest concern is my goofy Cory's who will play where they please regardless of danger.

I don't necessarily need this batch of fry, my main concern is aggression. Splitting them up as they pair off while I work on my 90 gallon build.

As luck would have it I suspect I have one female and 4 males....

Attached Files:

4. Bizarro252

Bizarro252Well Known MemberMember

LOL at the cory comment, they just dont care lol. I removed my BN pleco I had in my breeder/grow out tank because I didnt want him wandering into a pile of eggs and getting whooped on :p

5. bizaliz3

bizaliz3Fishlore LegendMember

If you're not ready for them yet ..... I'd say scrape them off and save any aggression issues! There will be other opportunities!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice