Angels & Clown Loaches

DADD

O.K. I'm trying to be proactive intead of reactive. I'm raising Angel fish for the first time (I've been a hobbyist for 15 years). I would like to add a few clown loaches to keep the gravel clean (besides the fact that they're 1 of my favorite). My concern is that these beautiful fish are very succeptable to ich. Any ideas how I can prevent my loaches from coming down with this disease before & after I introduce them to my angelfish established aquarium?  I presently have 3 angels in a 40 gal. tank. 1 nickle size & the other 2 are dime size. I also have a beautiful sm.(3 in.) snowball pleco. Thanks ahead of time.

Butterfly

Quarentine is the best way I know to keep from introducing ICH or any other disease to an operating tank. Clown loaches like warmer temps so a good two weeks at about 80F temps should make sure they are "clean" of Ich. angels also like warmer temps so they are a good match temp wise.
although I would say a 40G tank isn't big enough to hold clowns for long. I have had clowns and angels together for many years and have no problems.
check this link out

carol

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom