Angels And Cichlids?

1. Princethepurplebetta Member Member

Hi guys, i was wondering if an angel fish would be ok in my tank. I have a 50g thats well planted and has lots of hides. The temp is around 77. I have a red tail shark, 7 female bettas and 2 cichlids. The cichlids are a peacock and electric yellow. The previous owner of the cichlids had them in a tropical community tank with mollies and platties and she said they just kept to themselves. And theyve shown no agression to the other fish so far in my tank. (If angels dont work what is your suggestion?)

2. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

I wouldn't keep angels with the bettas, let alone the other cichlids. For one thing the 2 cichlids you have now are African which require different water than Angels which are S. American.

Do you add mineral salts to your water for the African cichlids?

3. Princethepurplebetta Member Member

Ok thank you, i wasnt sure how theyd do together. And no im not sure on their care. Ive never owned them before. They lady that gave them to me just said what food to give them and to give them their own hide spots. I just got them about 2 weeks ago (im a bad person D: )

4. Aquaphobia Fishlore Legend Member

You're not a bad person! I do recommend you find out what your KH and GH are though and research what your Africans need.

5. Princethepurplebetta Member Member

Ok thank you!