Angelmania a scam?

angellover1007

Hi,
I already posted this in a comment but I figured I should make it a new topic if the website is, in fact a scam

I have ordered from angelmania.net I'm from canada, I ordered express shipping and they sent them to the UK and then to Vancouver. We contacted Canada Post and they said that whenever this happens, it is a scam. I'm 14 years old and used my Christmas money for these angels and am just trying to find out if I was scammed or not. Either way, I'm going to get dead angels as they don't process/ship on weekends so if it isn't a scam they'll most likely be dead.

Butterfly

Angellover1007 I removed your post, getting replies in two places can be confusing. This way everything is in one place and not confused with the original poster in the other thread.

Have you contacted the company you ordered from?
Carol

angellover1007

Yes. He assured me that it isn't a scam and said that he has no control over the shipping. Furthermore, when we contacted Canada Post they said that the package didn't have an address on it and instead only said "Vancouver"

Butterfly

Sorry to hear you're having problems. Are they going to reship? Or the post send the package on to you. You will need it if their dead to take pics as proof. In extreme cases they could still be alive.
Carol

angellover1007

DOA doesn't apply to Canada during Winter.

angellover1007

Update: Angelmania is not a scam. It was the post offices fault.

Question: Do you think 6 dime sized angelfish will survive 3 days of shipping and 3 days of waiting? Approx. what will the survival rate be if at all?

Butterfly

Survival depends on so much. Packaging, temperature during travel and health of fish when shipped.
Did they say when you would receive them? Please let us know how it all comes out.
Carol

angellover1007

Survival depends on so much. Packaging, temperature during travel and health of fish when shipped.
Did they say when you would receive them? Please let us know how it all comes out.
Carol

They said I would receive them yesterday- I didnt, plus our post offices are not open on the weekends so my angels are just sitting at the closed and locked post office for the next 3 days.

I will let you know the outcome of this

BluMan1914

Really feel bad for you and hope things work out for you. Hopefully the company will do right by you and send you other fish if you lose any, even if it is the post office fault. It would only benefit them in the long run.

angellover1007

Thanks for the wishes

angellover1007

Update: today, I went to my LFS and picked up 4 angels and a pleco!!!
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1452466470.570263.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1452466485.211870.jpg

Butterfly

Awesome that they were alive! Not quite what you ordered but it's something.
Carol

angellover1007

Awesome that they were alive! Not quite what you ordered but it's something.
Carol

The package is coming today at some point... Hoping I don't open up a box of 6 dead angels

biller

Oh, wishing for the best!

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

aliray

I hope you have a big enough tank for all the angels. I hope the ones in the mail are okay. I will keep my fingers crossed for them.

Butterfly

Update: today, I went to my LFS and picked up 4 angels and a pleco!!!
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1452466470.570263.jpg
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1452466485.211870.jpg
Sorry I read too fast. I thought those were the ones from the mail. Crossing my fingers!
Carol

angellover1007

My dad texted me that they just came now... TEN WERE ALIVE I ORDERED 6 HE PUT IN EXTRAS AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

Coradee

Glad to hear they all made it alive though now with the extras you have 14 angels!
Does your dad know how to acclimatise them?

Anders247

Wow, congrats!

bizaliz3

My dad texted me that they just came now... TEN WERE ALIVE I ORDERED 6 HE PUT IN EXTRAS AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

That is amazing! Congrats!! Those angels are so lucky to have survived that! What kind of angels did you order?

So what are you going to do with all your angels? Do you have room for 14 angels? How big are they?

angellover1007

That is amazing! Congrats!! Those angels are so lucky to have survived that! What kind of angels did you order?

So what are you going to do with all your angels? Do you have room for 14 angels? How big are they?

I ordered electric blue marble pearlscale widefin angels from angelmania yes I have a 65 gallon, I will sell some once they get bigger

bizaliz3

I ordered electric blue marble pearlscale widefin angels from angelmania yes I have a 65 gallon, I will sell some once they get bigger

OOOOoooh those are gorgeous angels!! I can't wait to see pictures!

Whimsy

So glad they survived! Keep us posted on how they do! I would love to know as I'm thinking of ordering from the same website. Their angels are so exotic and beautiful.

Photos ASAP please!

Butterfly

Since they've been stressed to the max you might want to keep their water about 82-84f and do extra water changes to prevent Ich and other stress related diseases.
So glad things turned out well.
Carol

angellover1007

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1452567219.285486.jpg here is a not very good photo of them, they are very energetic! The heat packs that cane with them were still slightly warm when I got home from school at 5:00. They were shipped at dime sized so they are currently separated from my four other larger angels that I got yesterday. I fed them a little bit as they didn't have any food for 6 days, although Lee did supply a plant for them to nibble on in the bag they came in, I felt like they would still be very hungry. Does anyone have any other recommendations for feeding? Should I do daily water changes of a bucket a day or...?

cooneyms

I'm so glad they lived through that ordeal, and they look beautiful! I bet they're happy to be over with it too haha. I've never ordered fish online before because I've been afraid of anything happening, but I'll probably try it someday. It's good to hear that things turned out okay in the end!

Dylandrewlukesdad

How are the fish now? How big are they?

angellover1007

How are the fish now? How big are they?

A lot of them have died from an unknown illness that just affected the baby angels that are in my tank, could be due to shock from the shipping or other factors. I am left with three. One is slightly larger than nickel sized, one is nickel sized and the last is still dime sized. A very slow bloomer haha!
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455767593.055515.jpg the second photo is of the smallest,
ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455767793.814752.jpgand the third photo is of my medium sized one, my smallest and a random male GBR. Mind the algae infestation and the UGLY filter. Waiting on some plants to cover that up, I had to find a quick replacement for my HOB as I suspected that that's what was killing my angels... I think I was right as no more have died. It's sad to think that so many died because I was uneducated on this topic when I bought the filter.

Anyways, to end on a happier note, the fish left are doing great and some are growing super fast and showing more and more colour day by day!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455767684.342569.jpg
    ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1455767684.342569.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 260

Dylandrewlukesdad

Sorry about your loss. What are your water parameters? What kind of HOB did you have?

angellover1007

Sorry about your loss. What are your water parameters? What kind of HOB did you have?

Water parameters are zero everything and ph is 6.7ish. HOB was penguin 350 or 400 I can't remember what it was but it was the biggest penguin.

Dylandrewlukesdad

I use the 350 in 2 of my tanks, other then some noise I have never had an issue. O nitrAtes could have been the problem.

angellover1007

I use the 350 in 2 of my tanks, other then some noise I have never had an issue. O nitrAtes could have been the problem.

Nitrates were at zero. It will remain a mystery, all I care about is that my fish stopped dying and That these three survive...

pipirose

I'm not sure if any others have had a similar experience but this is mine. I ordered 4 angelfish and 3 pleco. Payed $65ish. They all arrived dead. He said he would resend if we payed another $25 so we did. They all arrived alive. Within in a week of being in my fully cycled clean tank 2 angelfish died and 1 pleco. Tested my water and did a water change just in case 0,0,10 and then within another week another angelfish died and so had another pleco. For $80 I'm left with 1 angelfish and 1 pleco....not worth it. I've been keeping up with matinance and testing absolutely nothing had been wrong. I'm worried the last 2 fish will die... imo if you're thinking of ordering from angelmania I personally wouldn't. Sorry for the rant thanks for reading.

bizaliz3

I didn't have AS bad of an experience. But I wasn't happy with mine either. Mine are all adults now. I ordered 4, ended up with 8. But only 4 made it to adulthood. Two of them were a bit deformed....neither of them made it past the first few weeks. And I didn't really care since I got 4 more than what I ordered anyway.

My bigger issue was that I did not get the KIND of angels that I ordered. They were all supposed to be pearlscale. None of them were. And the two blue ghosts were blue silvers. My biggest issue was the lack of pearlscale because that was 99% of the reason I ordered online and paid big shipping prices.

Sorry for your bad experience. That really stinks after spending that much money!

AlyeskaGirl

I am really sorry to hear this.

ErinO

This is really disheartening to read. I was planning to order my angels from Angelmania because they're the only ones that I can find with the vibrant blue I'm looking for. Now, after reading about your experiences, I don't know where I'm going to get them. Anyone have any alternative suggestions?

tyguy7760

I'm sorry to hear this. That's too bad. Biz I think you are going to have to start shipping

bizaliz3

I'm sorry to hear this. That's too bad. Biz I think you are going to have to start shipping

LOL I am thinking so! If I ever get my darn blue babies!
I've got two young pairs who can potentially give them to me once they finally start spawning! It's gotta be any day now! They are showing all the typical behaviors.

Worth mentioning though, since this thread was about angelmania....3 of the 4 in these two pairs are my angelmania angels. They are very stunning. I did end up with some gorgeous angels from angelmania...so it wasn't a total bust. But the overall experience wasn't the best. I wanted my pearlscale blues :-(

They ship those fish when they are like 5 weeks old. Tiny little pea sized things. This is likely why they provide several extras with each shipment. Knowing that they likely won't all survive.

Little Tank of Happiness

Poor fish and poor money! May the fish and the money you lost R.I.P <3

tyguy7760

LOL I am thinking so! If I ever get my darn blue babies!
I've got two young pairs who can potentially give them to me once they finally start spawning! It's gotta be any day now! They are showing all the typical behaviors.

Worth mentioning though, since this thread was about angelmania....3 of the 4 in these two pairs are my angelmania angels. They are very stunning. I did end up with some gorgeous angels from angelmania...so it wasn't a total bust. But the overall experience wasn't the best. I wanted my pearlscale blues :-(

They ship those fish when they are like 5 weeks old. Tiny little pea sized things. This is likely why they provide several extras with each shipment. Knowing that they likely won't all survive.

Good! If I can convince my wife we *need* that 125 gallon I keep bringing up, then I'll likely be ordering either some blues or kois from you at some point.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Goldiemom
Replies
Views
Sheldon13
Replies
Views
Pikephillips322
Replies
Views