Angelius loaches fighting....or courting... or both...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Videos' started by Jaysee, Dec 18, 2012.

1. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

2. MotherMajesty:)

MotherMajesty:) Valued Member Member

3 of my favorite fish - angelicus', rainbows, and spiny eels! Now you've got me thinking of redoing my stock... ;)

What types of rainbows do you have? How long did it take for them to color up like that? They always look so drab in the store.

Do your eels bother anyone? Mine was fine until he got about 8"-9", then he started picking off the hatchet fish. I should have kept him (Eeli) and gotten rid of the hatchets. :(

3. baggy007

baggy007 Well Known Member Member

Let me guess are they bosemani .yellow.turquoise.and irani wink wink jaysee

4. OP
    OP
    Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Baggy is correct, red, yellow, turquoise and boesmani rainbows. It really didn't take all that long to color up - once they are settled into the tank. Plus, I feed NLS thera A exclusively, which does wonders for their colors. Also in the tank are denison barbs, the loaches, eels, golden wonder killis and red severums. I had a 9 inch green phantom pleco that got stuck in a piece of decor and died.

The peacock eels don't bother anything - they just go about their business.

The biggest issue I have in the tank are the denison barbs nipping each other's tails. I had 9 of them (but am down to 6 after mini disaster), and they still nipped each other. I've tried rehabbing them, but they just get their tails nipped all over again. Even without a tail, they are reeeeally hard to catch.

5. MotherMajesty:)

MotherMajesty:) Valued Member Member

I watched the video again and it's even more impressive the 2nd time! One of the severums is there at the beginning - last time I was too focused on the loaches and missed it. Gorgeous! I think you have my dream tank - minus the barbs, maybe.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice