Angelicus botia/loach cloudy eyes, pls help!!!

1. bluesky2111 Member Member

I woke up this morning noticing that my botia looked very exhausting. His eyes were cloudy and he's breathing like he's about to die. Most of the time he just stayed at the bottom on his sides. I haven't tested the water yet but after I saw him like that I did a large water change immediately. Yesterday I poured some drops of Prazipro in there (just for preventative) but the amount was too little to kill some fish (I assume). What could possibly the cause? :(

- 29gal, 2 years old
    - sand subs, no plants
    - Fish: Angel, firemouth, 2 rams, 5 corys, 2 mollies

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Water parameter update:
    [​IMG]

2. Maxi1 Member Member

Sorry you're having the problem. Results of water testing would be good to know.

3. bluesky2111 Member Member

I've just tested it. Please see the result

4. Landos Well Known Member Member

Looks like you have ammonia. I would do a 50% water change

5. bluesky2111 Member Member

Thanks, but do you think the ammonia would make the fish eyes cloudy?

6. BlackNotebookTanks Well Known Member Member

The ammonia harms their immune system. Its essentially a poison and can make any fish susceptible to disease or worse. The only things I can think of for cloudy eyes are either 1) Eye infection 2) Eye Parasites 3) Sudden Blindness or 4) a cataract?

7. bluesky2111 Member Member

Thank you. I already did 60% water change. I have Prazipro, Parasite guard and Melafix but haven't used them yet. Does any of these help?

8. Maxi1 Member Member

I'm sorry, I wish I could help you but I don't know what meds would help your fish. Hopefully someone will come along to help. All I know is to do partial water changes to keep it in cleanest water and as quick as possible. And I'd keep the tank light off for comfort.

9. bluesky2111 Member Member

Thanks all.

Update: Now I think 99% he's gonna die. Nothing I can do at the moment. I'm just wondering what kind of disease he had. :(

[​IMG]

10. Landos Well Known Member Member

Not sure, but angelicus botias are considered scaless fish, which makes them more vulnerable to bad water quality.
    The ammonia killed him