Angelfish's tails.

DaroRs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Is it normal that some angelfish's tail does't recover after a tail rot like one in this picture? Mine's tails look exactly like this and after months of keeping it, it doesn't seem to recover.
NOTE: This picture is not mine.
Note from Lucy. Picture credit goes to FL member Spagarckles

Attachments

izzyfishfarmer

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
yup pretty much unless it was nipped a treated befor the rot I'm sorry that happened but with all those angels its bound to happen again I call em character scars

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The angel in the picture looks like a combtail which usually has some veil or superveil genes in its genetic makeup.

Did your angels tail look like this when you bought it? or only after it had finrot?

If the picture is not yours please credit where you got it . Thanks!
Carol

DaroRs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Butterfly said:
The angel in the picture looks like a combtail which usually has some veil or superveil genes in its genetic makeup.

Did your angels tail look like this when you bought it? or only after it had finrot?

If the picture is not yours please credit where you got it . Thanks!
Carol
I got this picture on the forums itself on the contests photos. Sorry, but I was too lazy to take a picture of my angel and upload it lol.

However, I can say that it was like this when I bought it and I thought it would recover.

EDIT: Oh and Carol, if you say that it's normal then I have nothing to care about.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If it was like that when you bought it then it is probably ok as that is a normal angelfish tail variety But since I can't see the actual fish do keep an eye on it for a bit longer to make sure it is ok. We really like pics around here so a picture of your angel would be cool

That is a lovely pic you posted but when you post someone elses pics they need to be credited or permission asked first. https://www.fishlore.com/aquariumfishforum/threads/referencing-books-magazines-other-websites.36927/ Thanks Hope your having a great day.
Carol

Lucy

Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
DaroRs said:
I got this picture on the forums itself on the contests photos. Sorry, but I was too lazy to take a picture of my angel and upload it lol.
I credited the picture. Even if it comes from this site, you must give credit to the photographer. Please read the link that Butterfly provided.

When asking questions it's best to post a picture of the fish that you have questions about.

You were too lazy to post a picture. I'm glad Butterfly wasn't too lazy to try and help you.

Alienator064

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
if you have a fin nipper in your tank that could happen

DaroRs

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Lucy said:
I credited the picture. Even if it comes from this site, you must give credit to the photographer. Please read the link that Butterfly provided.

When asking questions it's best to post a picture of the fish that you have questions about.

You were too lazy to post a picture. I'm glad Butterfly wasn't too lazy to try and help you.
Sorry Lucy.

It just a matter of my mood. Sometimes, I'm so tired that I don't want to do anything, just lay in bed for the whole journey. Well, now that I know that I should have taken the permission of the publisher and said where I've got the picture,I promise I won't do that again.

Well, here's the true picture.

To err is human after all.

Attachments

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It looks ok to me but as I said before keep a watch on it and if you see any changes let us know and we will try to help.
Carol

flyin-lowe

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
izzyfishfarmer said:
yup pretty much unless it was nipped a treated befor the rot I'm sorry that happened but with all those angels its bound to happen again I call em character scars
Are angels prone to fin rot or is there a sub species in particular that is? I have 8 angels (my first ones ever) and I would like to know if I need to watch out for something or if there is anything proactive I can do?

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads