Angelfish1’s 36-Gallon Tank

Angelfish1

This tank is my shell dweller tank and has multifasciatus in it. I used fake plants because I’m trying to raise the pH and I’m afraid that my pH will become too high for live plants to survive in it. Also, I needed some height to my scape and I couldn’t add algae eaters to this tank to eat the algae on the live plants (which would cause them to slowly die). Shell dwellers are short finned and the plants aren’t sharp so I think the fake plants will be fine in this tank.
Before:
You must be registered to see images

After:

Livebearer08

I would get natural looking fake plants that are green and maybe a little red. Algae eaters are definitely possible to keep in this tank, and if your pH is low enough to keep fish, it can probably keep plants. At least the hardier ones. If you want plastic plants though, that’s fine, but algae eaters can just be fed algae wafers once in awhile in addition to the algae that they will eat in the tank. This should also be done in tanks with live plants.

Sobhan

I would get natural looking fake plants that are green and maybe a little red. Algae eaters are definitely possible to keep in this tank, and if your pH is low enough to keep fish, it can probably keep plants. At least the hardier ones. If you want plastic plants though, that’s fine, but algae eaters can just be fed algae wafers once in awhile in addition to the algae that they will eat in the tank. This should also be done in tanks with live plants.
He is keeping multis in it that means the water is alkaline and not acidic like most alage eaters like. Most of the plants will also melt away in the kind of water that multis live in.
Algae will grow on things whether they are live or fake plants. Try plants that that are naturally found in the lake or region where multis are from. Some types of anubias and cryptocorynes are found in alkaline water. For alage cleanups you can keep snails, most snails prefer high pH and the multis won't do anything to them unless they get into their shells I suppose.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Ryngwrayth
Replies
Views
VibrantOrange
Replies
Views
Prevail
Replies
Views