Angelfish

1. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

Could one put a pair of angelfish (and maybe 1 or 2 cories) in a ten gallon? (not in my current tank, no i already have fish in there)

2. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

no definatley no the angels will get two big but the cores yes u need minimum of at least 15 gallons if u got a 20 gallon hight takes up less space then ud be fine and throw in some more cories and a bristlenose pleco and you will be alll set

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Not as a permanent home, afraid not. The 10g's are not tall enough. I put one of my black pair in a 15 long(same height as a 10)until I could move a couple of fish that were harrassing her and she scraped her fins on the bottom and wound up with fin rot.
    Carol

4. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

ok just wondering...thought maybe i could convince my mom to let me buy another tank ;D ;D ;D
    Any suggestions for fish that would fit in a ten gallon that are impressive, colorful, etc....My mom isnt too impressed with the whole fish thing...if I had a "cool" fish maybe I could convince her...muahahaha ;D

5. fish_r_friend Well Known Member Member

there are some cool platys available

6. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

yeah available :-\ but not anywhere near me-- all the pet stores ive been to only have plain ones (like pale yellow, not even any orange or reds)

7. atmmachine816 Fishlore VIP Member

im in the same boat my mom adn dad dont want me to have anymore tanks posiblitys endlers somesort of guppy cobra metalic et. ill look around always want to help someone like myslef

8. newbie101 Well Known Member Member

what about killifish? aren't they pretty small?
    oh, the sad limitations of a ten gallon :'(   :D :D i have MTS but cannot do anything about it...I'm only 13 so I wont be movin out anytime soon hehehe

9. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Angels are beautiful, but a 10G would be too small for them. They have long fins and tall bodies, so they need enough space to feel comfortable. Ideal tanks for angels are tall ones (and bigger ones).