Angelfish with shrimp or Adf?

hi123
Member
Can angelfish be kept with shrimp? or any kind of shrimp. If not is their anyway I can make my aquarium safe for shrimp? Can angelfish be kept with Cambarellus patzcuarensis (dwarf orange crayfish).
 
fallfever
Member
An angel will likely eat the shrimp and just pick apart the larger ones. Of course, with enough hiding spots and heavy cover shrimp have a remarkable capacity to reproduce but I can't imagine you'd see them. Similarly with the crayfish...once the angel is large enough he is likely to at the very least harass, if not kill it outright. They're cichlids and each have their own personalities but I wouldn't think either to be a good match.
 
  • Thread Starter
hi123
Member
fallfever said:
An angel will likely eat the shrimp and just pick apart the larger ones. Of course, with enough hiding spots and heavy cover shrimp have a remarkable capacity to reproduce but I can't imagine you'd see them. Similarly with the crayfish...once the angel is large enough he is likely to at the very least harass, if not kill it outright. Their cichlids and each have their own personalities but I wouldn't think either to be a good match.
Ok, thank you! I will avoid both!
 
  • Thread Starter
hi123
Member
Ghelfaire
Member
No. Angelfish get big (like 12" tall) and need tall tanks.
Dwarf frogs are small and need shallow water to breathe
 
  • Thread Starter
hi123
Member
Ghelfaire said:
No. Angelfish get big (like 12" tall) and need tall tanks.
Dwarf frogs are small and need shallow water to breathe
Ok got it. ya that would not work I have 29g tall.
 
Ghelfaire
Member
An adult angelfish will probably need a bigger tank.
 
noobfishkeeper777
Member
hi123 said:
can angelfish be housed with african dwarf frog?
yes i have 1 angel and 2 african dwarf frogs they do great with each other and the angel doesnt really be aggressive to any fish in my tank but if you have 2 angels and not enough space to keep them its not a good idea and the minnium size for a angel is 29 and not overstocked and thats sometimes a lil crammed i personally will keep JUST 1 angel in a 29 not any more cause its a lil small
 
Bettabuddy123
Member
if you get a log tank so the height isn't too tall for the frogs while still having enough space for the angelfish I dont see any issue keeping them together. Ive kept mine with bettas just fine
 
  • Thread Starter
hi123
Member
noobfishkeeper777 said:
yes i have 1 angel and 2 african dwarf frogs they do great with each other and the angel doesnt really be aggressive to any fish in my tank but if you have 2 angels and not enough space to keep them its not a good idea and the minnium size for a angel is 29 and not overstocked and thats sometimes a lil crammed for them but i dont think so but other people will say otherwise
Ok, yes. I have many diffrent fish tanks and have a 20 with just one angel (this is a young angel and when i upgarde to 60 he will move in with 2 other angels) and a lot of snails. could i have 2 in that tank? somone said they need a shallow tank for them to thrive, have you noticed this?
 
noobfishkeeper777
Member
hi123 said:
Ok, yes. I have many diffrent fish tanks and have a 20 with just one angel (this is a young angel and when i upgarde to 60 he will move in with 2 other angels) and a lot of snails. could i have 2 in that tank? somone said they need a shallow tank for them to thrive, have you noticed this?
60 would be a great size for angels they have lots of room to thrive and live happy lives and i noticed that angels really dont care what height the tank is its really just about the space and the gallons the tank holds so i would reccomend getting a 60 gallon tank thats a lil bit on the shallower side for the african dwarf frogs while also not being too shallow because angels like tall aquariums supposably but it really dont matter to them thats what i think if im observing mine correctly and tbh we will never really know what they think but we kinda get an idea by the way they act so what i would do is see if your angels like the 20 gallon you have now if its tall or lower and see if he is hanging out at the top more than the bottom or see what he does like observe him for atleast 30 mins just to see if he is at the bottom more, top more, or all around and get your estimate by that
 

Latest threads

Top Bottom