Angelfish Trio Of Terror (how To Add A Small Angelfish)

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
One of my angelfish died a month ago and now one is bullying the other as he reaches a maturate age. At some point at the end of next moth I'll be going to the lfs and was wondering how to add a smaller angel into the tank? Should I remove the three current angels and then introduce them at the same time after the new one is ready to go in the tank? Angels are such meanies sometimes!

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It’s not recommended to keep three angels, because of the odd number. Two will pair off, and then pick on the helpless one.

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
I know I had four but one died so I'm looking to add another but my lfs sells them really small.

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
If it were me (and I'm definitely no expert on cichlids) I'd try and get a similar sized angel to the ones you have at home, so it has a chance. Maybe remove all your angels out into a container, and then add in your fish one at a time, starting with the new guy. Give him 5 minutes to gather himself, then add in whoever you think the odd-man out is of your original three. Then add in your pair.

Colt Frost

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
What has worked for me in the past, re arrange all the decor so they have to create new territories. Then add a similar sized angelfish in and the new one along with the old ones will all have a chance to claim new territory.

CloudTheFluffy

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Alright thanks guys. I'll do a bit of re arranging and add the new guy first then the others when I get him.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom