Angelfish together

• Thread starter AngelfishDude722
  • Start date

AngelfishDude722

I have one angelfish with 6 giant danios, 4 corydoras, and 5 Chinese algae eaters in an 65 gallon tank. I went to my LFS and saw some really cool angels I really want to get him or her but I know that it might not work. I have a tiny extra tank that I can setup as a quarantine tank and put them in their together so it is new territory to both of them for when they meet. What do you guys think about putting them together and what has helped you.

SomyaValecha

AngelfishDude722 said:
I have one angelfish with 6 giant danios, 4 corydoras, and 5 Chinese algae eaters in an 65 gallon tank. I went to my LFS and saw some really cool angels I really want to get him or her but I know that it might not work. I have a tiny extra tank that I can setup as a quarantine tank and put them in their together so it is new territory to both of them for when they meet. What do you guys think about putting them together and what has helped you.
I’m not a fish expert but in my experience my angels have been fine from the get go. The real problem is when you have 3/4/5 like I do and you get a female. But I think with 2 angels it doesn’t matter what gender they are.

AngelfishDude722

SomyaValecha said:
I’m not a fish expert but in my experience my angels have been fine from the get go. The real problem is when you have 3/4/5 like I do and you get a female. But I think with 2 angels it doesn’t matter what gender they are.
I am just afraid I might have a male and the one I want is also a male but depending on the replies I get later on I might go buy it later.

SomyaValecha

AngelfishDude722 said:
I am just afraid I might have a male and the one I want is also a male but depending on the replies I get later on I might go buy it later.
Yeah 2 males have never been a problem for me, and in that big of a tank they have more than enough space to develop territories

AngelfishDude722

That sounds amazing and just another question they are different sizes the one I already have is a little bigger do you think that matters?

jkkgron2

Well Known
I had two males and one ended up killing the other. As long as they’re close in size it’s ok but to much will lead to bullying.

AngelfishDude722

ok I will try and get the biggest on of the batch then.

SomyaValecha

jkkgron2 said:
I had two males and one ended up killing the other. As long as they’re close in size it’s ok but to much will lead to bullying.
Oh wow, that’s so wierd. I have 5 angels in my 75 gallon and they all get along nicely. Even thought there is a considerable size difference between the biggest and smallest. I guess it really depends on the fish

AngelfishDude722

SomyaValecha said:
Oh wow, that’s so wierd. I have 5 angels in my 75 gallon and they all get along nicely. Even thought there is a considerable size difference between the biggest and smallest. I guess it really depends on the fish
Yeah I knew I would have to get lucky because I know things like that can happen.

jkkgron2

Well Known
SomyaValecha said:
It’s usually only a problem if it’s a pair. My tank was also only a 55 so less space for territory. A group of angels usually works great and get along well.

Top Bottom