Angelfish Tankmates 29 Gallon

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Okay, so I have a 29 gallon tank that is done cycling but I'm still not sure on my stocking! I know that I really want an angelfish, so I'm wondering on tankmates. For now, I'm not interested in cories, so I was thinking a mid dwelling schooling fish. What would best? My LFS is very limited, but these are some of what I saw:

Lemon tetras
Harlequin rasboras
Silvertip tetras
Red eyes tetras
Serpae tetras/longfin serpae tetras (IK that they're very nippy)
Bloodfin tetras (though I'd rather not because I've already had them for years)
X-ray tetras... maybe?

I also really liked the neons and dwarf gouramis, and there were some really pretty bettas. Would a huge school of neons and either a DG or a betta look better? What other centerpiece fish would be good for my tank besides a DG or angel? I'm so confused!!!

RainBetta

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Hello! You could try this

1 Angelfish
10 Cardinal or Rummynose Tetras
2 GBR
4 Mystery Snail

You cannot do a betta with an angelfish and all of these others.
Thanks! I heard that cardinals will be eaten by the angelfish? How can I prevent that? Sorry I didnt clarify! I meant having a betta as the centerpiece of a different plan.... I loved you stocking ideas! Could I possibly add 3 guppies to that list? Long story short, I have to have guppies oh wait! I just realized I could put them in the 10G! Sorry thinking out loud here

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Nope, they won't be eaten unless you buy the angel at maturity and the Cardinals while juveniles. I think you could add the guppies.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom