Angelfish Tankmates 29 Gallon

1. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

Okay, so I have a 29 gallon tank that is done cycling but I'm still not sure on my stocking! I know that I really want an angelfish, so I'm wondering on tankmates. For now, I'm not interested in cories, so I was thinking a mid dwelling schooling fish. What would best? My LFS is very limited, but these are some of what I saw:

Lemon tetras
    Harlequin rasboras
    Silvertip tetras
    Red eyes tetras
    Serpae tetras/longfin serpae tetras (IK that they're very nippy)
    Bloodfin tetras (though I'd rather not because I've already had them for years)
    X-ray tetras... maybe?

I also really liked the neons and dwarf gouramis, and there were some really pretty bettas. Would a huge school of neons and either a DG or a betta look better? What other centerpiece fish would be good for my tank besides a DG or angel? I'm so confused!!!

2. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Hello! You could try this :)

1 Angelfish
    10 Cardinal or Rummynose Tetras
    2 GBR
    4 Mystery Snail

You cannot do a betta with an angelfish and all of these others.

3. OP
    OP
    RainBetta

Thanks! I heard that cardinals will be eaten by the angelfish? How can I prevent that? Sorry I didnt clarify! I meant having a betta as the centerpiece of a different plan.... I loved you stocking ideas! Could I possibly add 3 guppies to that list? Long story short, I have to have guppies :( oh wait! I just realized I could put them in the 10G! Sorry thinking out loud here

4. Fanatic

Fanatic Fishlore VIP Member

Nope, they won't be eaten unless you buy the angel at maturity and the Cardinals while juveniles. I think you could add the guppies.

5. OP
    OP
    RainBetta

Perfect! I love GBR and cardinals!