Angelfish Swimming Head Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMGeorge

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Hello,

This is my first post and I am a relatively new fish keeper.

I have an angelfish that is swimming with its head up, at around a 30 degree angle some of the time, he doesn't seem to have any other problems and can put his head down to grab food from the bottom of the tank and can get around as usual. He has been in this tank for 3 days after getting him from the fish shop.

Is it just stress related to the move and will he stop or is there a more sinister thing going on.

Thanks

AMGeorge

Attachments

meyowmeow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Perhaps it is a swim bladder issue caused by injury or over feeding? You could try putting it in a quarantine tank, do daily water changes, and skip feeding for a few days to see if it gets any better. Good luck!! Keep us updated!

AMGeorge

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Thanks for the reply, I don't have access to a quarantine tank at the moment. I only feed the fish once a day in the morning and am careful to only put a few pitches of crushed flake in. I am doing daily water tests at the moment due to adding the angelfish not too long ago and the Ph and NO3 are at 7.5 and 10mg/litre respectively

BottomDweller

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Could you try feeding a boiled pea and skipping feeding for a day or two?

AMGeorge

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He is a lot better, swimming level 95% of the time. He is a lot more social and playful now, looking out of the tank and following people in the room, playing in the plants like the other fish. I think it might have been stress related to the move and the new fish in the tank

AMGeorge

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
He seems quite happy annoying my Pleco and swimming around the tank. I am going to feed them later and I hope he eats well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • No

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 33 63.5%

Top Bottom