angelfish stopped eating

Discussion in 'Angelfish' started by luke355027355027, Dec 3, 2012.

1. l

luke355027355027 Well Known Member Member

Hi all i am having angelfish trouble. I have 3 in my 75 community. Three days ago my zebra angel got caught in an ornament. After this i buried the ornament to prevent this. The next day he died and im pretty sure from his large head injury. After this i noticed his partner has stopped eating i tried bloodworms and flaked food but he has stopped. He occasionally he will swallow a bloodworm but spits it out. The other angel that was not in the pair is doing fine and all other fish are normal. I have checked water parameters and they are fine. Temperature is the same as always and hasnt changed. My question is.

1. Has anyone ever had this happen before.
    2. Would losing a partner cause this and 3
    . How do i soak my food in garlic.

2. Steve106

Steve106 Valued Member Member

Hey, sorry to hear about that. Hopefully the spouse is just still mourning. can't help out with questions 1 & 2 but for 3 you could buy some minced garlic and just mix some of that in with your fish food in a small cup or something and then just add it to the tank.

3. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/...ed-garlic-jar-just-example-those-needing.html

Garlic Guard:
    http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/198657/product.web

Making your own garlic juice:
    Since we are on the subject of garlic, here is a link on how to make your own garlic juice:
    "Benefits of garlic:

Purifies blood; detoxifies; lowers cholesterol levels; lowers blood pressure; blood thinner; prevents blood clots; boost immune system; prevents heart disease and strokes; destroys cancer cells; muscle relaxant; antibiotic; antifungal; suppresses growth of tumors
    Using a medium size bulb; peel cloves apart, snip off ends; microwave cloves for 5 to 10 seconds to pop hulls; remove hulls; cut the length of the cloves in thin slices; place in cup of hot (from tap) water; cover, and let sit at room temperature for 12 hrs; mash the cloves and strain for immediate use; refrigerate until needed. good for two to three weeks.
    The longer the cloves soak, the stronger the solution."

The information above comes from the link below:

Storing Fresh Garlic:

VitaChem for additional vitamins:
    http://www.thatpetplace.com/pet/prod/196391/product.web

Ken

4. OP
    OP
    l

Thanks for the info will try the garlic.

Another angel just died the one that was eating. About a week ago i added a small angel and it died un about two days. Are there certain disease that only angelfidh can get because all my other fish are fine

5. Steve106

Steve106 Valued Member Member

I can see you have a bunch of experience so this may come across as a dumb question but are your water parameters all in check?

6. OP
    OP
    l

Yes when the first angel died i tested my water. Everything was normal. My ph is 8.4 but it has always been high since the tank started.

As for my knowledge i still learn new things daily

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice