Angelfish Stocking

Chandu

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
HI guys I have a 72 corner tank how would I stock angels and its a community not an angel only because I heard that if I were to have 3 2 would pair and other would be harassed so should I get 1,2,4 IDK

Thanks in advance

Fishywife

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi, I breed angels and the last thing you want in a community tank is two pairing off. Once they have done this, if you have a 'spare wheel' they will harass it. Once they spawn, they can get downright murderous! Your best bet is one or two at most, and be prepared to either rehome one at a later date, or buy a 40 gallon minimum for a pair.. or maybe you'll get lucky and get a docile pair of the same sex.. it's very hard to sex them until they are ready to breed.

My breeding pair attack me if I need to do tank maintenance if they have spawn, regardless of it being eggs or freeswimmers. Imagine being a smaller community fish with no escape..

aussieJJDude

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Ive had angels spawn in community tanks without problems, you just have to set up the tank so it contains boundaries- wood and plants - in which the angels will defend a section and leave the other fish mostly in peace.

Fishywife

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My tank was well planted, lots of wood, and my female still hunted everything in the tank lol. I guess it just depends on the individual.

OP
Chandu

Chandu

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fishywife said:
Hi, I breed angels and the last thing you want in a community tank is two pairing off. Once they have done this, if you have a 'spare wheel' they will harass it. Once they spawn, they can get downright murderous! Your best bet is one or two at most, and be prepared to either rehome one at a later date, or buy a 40 gallon minimum for a pair.. or maybe you'll get lucky and get a docile pair of the same sex.. it's very hard to sex them until they are ready to breed.

My breeding pair attack me if I need to do tank maintenance if they have spawn, regardless of it being eggs or freeswimmers. Imagine being a smaller community fish with no escape..
I definetly have markable territorys with my diftwood a few rock caverns and a nice hunk of Jungle Val next to a few Java ferns I think 2 would be ok imo what do u say sir?

Fishywife

Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Give it a shot. They all have different personalities. I'd add some more tall and/or wide leaves plants in though

New Threads