Angelfish stocking in aquaone620t

1. JuliaM Member Member

We had to move our angels to my son's 20 high as a temporary emergency measure a few weeks ago because after several months of peaceful living with the barbs in our community tank, they started to get bullied and beaten up. They are now healed beautifully and peacefully living with a few cherry barbs. However, I would rahter move them to somewhere more suitable within the next few months, and they are now definitely my son's favourite fish so considering getting a group.

I've seen one of these local to me second hand and was wondering if it owuld be a good idea for the angels?

They have a lot of height which I know is important for the angels but I am a little worried that maybe not enough length? The dimensions are 62 W x 72 H x 39 D. Which is 130 litres, which is i think just shy of 35gallons.

The two I have are not a mated pair. Would I therefore be able to add some more in there, or due to the lack of width would there be territory issues if pairs did develop?

Many Thanks

2. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Angelfish in a 35 gallon

:;sonarI don't know how big your Angels are or specifically what kind they are, but they have the capacity to grow 6 inches in height. I think that one pair of angels in a 35 gallon tank is okay. You really need a 55 gallon tank to get more angels in there. That is just my opinion though. I have two angels in a 30 gallon that are just juvenilles. I will be moving them into a 55 soon. Instead of another pair of angels, maybe you could look at rams. The do not grow as large and are good cichlid companions for angels. I think they are very beautiful as well.

3. Lexi03 Well Known Member Member

I would not do more than 2 angels in a 35 gal, the footprint is just not large enough. While angels do get tall, they still need some horizontal swimming room.

4. bassbonediva Fishlore VIP Member

Just as an aside, angels can grow to six inches in LENGTH and ten inches in HEIGHT. My adult male that I used to have was 5.5" long and 8.5" tall. He was absolutely magnificent.

I have a pic of a pair of full-grown adult angels in a 29gal. It's not a pretty sight (they belonged to one of my friends). I personally wouldn't put them in anything smaller than a 40gal, but that's just me.

5. JuliaM Member Member

I thought as much with regard to the footprint.

The tank is 2ft tall tho, so i am not worried about height. In imperial i think it is approx 2 x 25 x 14.

Thanks everyone. I will probably have a bit of a rethink as a tank isn't a bargin if you need to replace it in 3 months!

Oh by the way, the angels are currently only juvenille, about 2.5" in length, just for the poster who asked. However I obviously want to get a tank that they can live in forever.