angelfish stocking help please

1. kevinjung Initiate Member

Hey guys just had a quick question I have a bare bottom tank with a little bit of sand and potted plants.
    Current inhabitants are 2 peacock eels 2 albino polypterus sengalus they are not wild but may be shortbodied a little. My question is I have 3 angelfish they get along fine but the smallest takes in food but spits it out unless its worms...I want my tank to be a showtank so I was wondering can I put maybe 1 to 2 more angels? I also have a brown ghost knife not the black one also my sink ph water is pretty alkaline I put a little drift wood and bamboo hoping when it grows roots will make the water acidic..any other way to naturally lower the ph

2. TayJay76 Member Member

Not a chance. Peacock eels can get big, up to a foot I beleive. I wouldn't add any more angels. As a matter of fact the bichir will get very big as well and eventually eat your angels and maybe your eel. If I were you I would remove the bichir. He will get way too big for that tank.

Although it is unlikely for angels to be picky some are, mine will only eat wardley flakes, they won't take any other kind. You could try offereing other foods like brine shrimp or other flake brands, buit because they are primarily carnivorous they need to mainly eat blood worms. But variety is always good. Therefore keep looking until you find other foods that he will take. Good luck with the tank:)

3. kevinjung Initiate Member

oh

Oh woi guess ill just leave it the way it is if it starts getting hectic I will remove the bichir. Thanks so much for the help

4. TayJay76 Member Member

Sure no problem, good luck;)