Angelfish Spawning Help

lexieboo

So I have 2 angelfish and I’m curious to know if they are paired up or not and how do I get them to spawn. I think I have a male and female. The male is the yellow one and the female is the white one. I took pictures of their breeding tubes and when they first met they lip locked and spun in a circle with each other and have been side by side since then. Now the male always chases off the other fish when they get close to the female also the male has been the only one pecking on objects. They have no aggression and they are almost always by each other twitching their heads at each other but not laying eggs yet. They are in a 55 gallon tank with 2 discus and 5 corydoras and 1 bristlenose pleco. Also I struggle with high nitrates I do a 75% water change once a week and feed food from Discus Hans everyday. Any suggestions would be appreciated I’m just looking to get some other peoples opinions and advice. Thank you
05B86B26-02EA-417F-8231-F9272835CF9A.jpeg

F5A0C1E2-27E0-47FA-8F87-D56475DD75AB.jpeg

MoshJosh

what temp are you keeping the tank? You could try a big water change with cooler water to simulate rain/rainy season (I think thats what its supposed to do). Also you could put in a piece of slate to give them a good surface to spawn on. Just my initial thoughts, hopefully our other members will chime in.

lexieboo

MoshJosh said:
what temp are you keeping the tank? You could try a big water change with cooler water to simulate rain/rainy season (I think thats what its supposed to do). Also you could put in a piece of slate to give them a good surface to spawn on. Just my initial thoughts, hopefully our other members will chime in.
I keep it at 84F and they have a few vertical objects to lay eggs on. I will try the cooler water. I’m just confused if I have a male and female because they haven’t laid eggs yet but are showing some breeding signs I think if I’m not mistaking it for aggression.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom