Angelfish spawning? Did i move wrong fish

Lvmyfsh

First of all I have a total of 5 angel Fish they were in a 40 gallon tank getting along perfectly I moved them into a 55 gallon tank after settling in one particular fish became aggressive but also displayed spawning behavior and had even picked a spot they begin to clean however due to what appears to be the female being aggressive to the rest of her tank mates I moved her along with the only fish she would allow near her and did not bully into a corner constantly so the two of them were moved into a 40 gallon tank completely alone with nothing but algae eaters after moving her and what I assume is her mate she has stopped displaying spawning Behavior afraid that I moved the wrong fish I bagged the other fish I was concerned that might be her mate i sat that the bag in the tank to start to get adjusted however she attacked the bag fiercely so I did not release that angel fish into the tank I put it back into the 55 gallon tank with the other two angelfish I'm wondering if I may have moved the wrong fish or why she quit displaying spawning Behavior for about a week and a half she kept the fish in question in the corner not allowing it to swim around the tank or anything that fish is the same size as the aggressive angelfish so I'm thinking the two of them might both be females and that's why she's attacking scared that she won't be able to spawn with another female present I'm wondering if I made the correct move I didn't want the female angelfish that is aggressive to kill anything in my fish tanks and with her only allowing one angel fish to swim freely in the tank and get anywhere near her I assumed that that was her mate as I also observed them doing some breeding dance Behavior. Did I make the correct move and why did she stop spawning behavior in new tank? Does she just need time since I interrupted nature...
I also want to add that the aggressive angelfish had displayed her breeding tube and no other fish in the fish tank displayed a breathing tube however they are about 8 months old the fish that she tried to beat up through the bag is the same fish I wonder may actually be her partner however she would only allow 1 fish to be near her I'm not fish is the one I moved with her from my community tank now she does not display the breeding tube I'm tempted to put them all back together I was also tempted to move the other large angelfish that she kept in a corner but that's the one that she attacked through the bag whenever I attempted to move that fish some wondering if I have moved the correct pair or why she stopped spawning Behavior

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
TClare
Replies
Views
katorimom
Replies
Views
Srikrishna
55 Gallon Tank Is something wrong?