angelfish spawned again

1. chuckb330 Initiate Member

Well my trio, 1 female, 2 males laid eggs again yesterday afternoon. They laid eggs 1 week ago, I removed the eggs(don't know why now) and none made it.

This spawn is a few hundred eggs, that I will leave in with the parents. Hopefully this batch will turn out better. Any suggestions? I'm all ears.

Tank is at 82 degrees
    ph 7.4
    all other 0ppm
    Filter intake is sponge covered
    lights are on 24/7 now

Chuck

2. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Remove other tank mates or add a divider. If the trio are getting along and if all three are caring for the spawn, leave them be.

Tank parameters look good, however I'm concerned with no nitrate. I see you have an API kit. Please retest and beat the #2 bottle against the counter for at least a minute.

Good luck.

3. chuckb330 Initiate Member

The three are the only ones in the tank. Rechecked the water same as above. I try to do water changes once a day, usually about 40%

Will the parents remove the white eggs? There are quite a few left on the leaf. They left alot on the leaf the last time which is why I removed them. This time im leaving them with the parents.

4. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

They may leave some, but should clean most of them off. In a couple of days, when the eggs begin to hatch, they will move the wrigglers to another location.

5. chuckb330 Initiate Member

Came home today, found that most of the white eggs are covered in fungus and the good eggs are almost gone.Guess their not that great of parents. Sux, cause I really wanted to have babies. Thinking of moving some angels around in my tanks in hopes of finding a good parenting couple.

6. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Don't give up yet! I bet those eggs hatched and they moved the wrigglers to another area.

7. chuckb330 Initiate Member

looked all around the tank and found nothing. Sux, so frustrating

8. streetdog Member Member

Are they defending the tank? I would suggest you to move out the odd man! :D

Apart from that, they will eat the dead/white eggs or they will let the fry's eat the dead eggs. So don't worry about dead. If they have eaten the healthy eggs, no worries! They will spawn again with 10 - 20 days or so. However, please move the odd man out. :D