Angelfish sick need help

GavinMoczygemba
I have a 2 year old freshwater Koi angelfish that recently almost completely lost his pectoral fins and tail fin he had been barely able to move up and down but does anyone know what disease this is. Angelfish
20210429_081844.jpg

Jo7984
I'd say you need to fill out the emergency template to give the whole picture of your tank, water etc :)

GavinMoczygemba
Jo7984 said:
I'd say you need to fill out the emergency template to give the whole picture of your tank, water etc :)
I will do that right now. Thanks
Tank
What is the water volume of the tank?55gal
How long has the tank been running?2 years
Does it have a filter? Yes
Does it have a heater?yes
What is the water temperature?78
What is the entire stocking of this tank?1 angelfish 1 adult tiger oscar (Please list all fish and inverts.)

Maintenance
How often do you change the water? 1 deep clean every wednesday
How much of the water do you change?half
What do you use to treat your water?seachem and tetra conditioner
Do you vacuum the substrate or just the water?vacuum substrate

*Parameters - Very Important
Did you cycle your tank before adding fish?
What do you use to test the water?
What are your parameters? We need to know the exact numbers, not just “fine” or “safe”.
Ammonia:0
Nitrite:0
Nitrate:20
pH:7.2

Feeding
How often do you feed your fish?2 times a day every day of the week.
How much do you feed your fish?a good size pinch
What brand of food do you feed your fish? Zoomed spiritula
Do you feed frozen or freeze-dried foods?yes on occasions I do blood worms

Illness & Symptoms
How long have you had this fish? 2 years
How long ago did you first notice these symptoms? 3 days ago
In a few words, can you explain the symptoms?almost completely eroded pectoral fins and eroded tail fin
Have you started any treatment for the illness?salt bath for 10 minutes.
Was your fish physically ill or injured upon purchase?physically ill
How has its behavior and appearance changed, if at all?He just has a hard time swimming and mostly stays on top of a decoration to hold himself up.

Explain your emergency situation in detail. (Please give a clear explanation of what is going on, include details from the beginning of the illness leading up to now)
I have a 2 year old angelfish that has just started to lose his pectoral fins and tail fin. I have been keeping up with water changes as well. Does anyone know what disease this is and can o treat it.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

TClare
Perhaps the oscar is bullying and biting it? The tank is rather small for a full grown oscar. But I don’t know though, you would have seen any behaviour like that I would think?

AggressiveAquatics
I agree the Oscar could be attacking it. This tank is to small for an Oscar and could cause territory issues between them

GavinMoczygemba
I agree as well when I first pu the angel in with the oscar a year ago. But the thing is I have had both in there for 2 years and I'll admit at first they were chasing each other around but after a few days of introducing the angel to the oscar they both calmed down and havent been mean to each other since then. I am always watching them most of the day and never seen any aggression between the two and the tank is alittle to small for the two but I have raised oscars for a long time in a 55 gallon and they did just fine and lived for years but I don't think its that because I had them in there for two years together and the angel all of a sudden starting to have his pectoral fins eroded and inflammed and his tail fin as well. So can this be possibly fin rot and what can I treat him with because I already did a salt bath.

Random Great Thread

Saltwater aquarium start-up series:
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

Latest threads

Top Bottom