Angelfish Okay?

1. Onlyashes

Onlyashes Valued Member Member

Hey so I got this angel today and some of them in the tank didn't look so good but this one looked the best since i put him in the tank he hasn't really moved out one corner I want to make sure he's okay and see if there is anything I can do for him will he warm up and start moving around eventually?

Attached Files:

2. TexasDomer

TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

Fish can take a while to get comfortable in their new surroundings. Give him a few days to get used to the new place.

3. Danthefishlover135

Danthefishlover135 New Member Member

They take a couple of days to adjust to the new tank

4. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

Also he keeps his mouth open a little is this normal

5. Sam2671

Sam2671 Valued Member Member

Keeping his mouth open is normal, it’s how they get their oxygen. The water flows into the mouth and passes out by flowing over the gills.

It means your tank is rather well oxygenated because if it wasn’t, he’s be opening and closing his mouth a lot in order to move more water through

6. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

Well he was dead this morning and the rest of them except one from the store are in there hospital tank so I exchanged it for the one that was left hoping I can make this one live

7. Sam2671

Sam2671 Valued Member Member

Oh wow. That’s a sudden turn of events. I do hope the one you have is healthy

8. TexasDomer

If they're all sick, I wouldn't have gotten the last one, as you're just adding more potential disease to your tank. I'd really recommend the use of QT tank.

9. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

I watched this one quite closely no visible signs of illness put it in a bucket and drip acclimated all day so far so good swimming around and happy unlike the other

10. TexasDomer

The fact that he was with other sick fish would be enough to keep me from putting it in my main tank. They can carry things and either get sick from it later, or give it to other fish in the tank.

Why did you drip acclimate so long?

11. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

Because I wanted to keep a eye on him all day and see if he had any signs of illness also they use ro water so to my tap water it's a big difference pH is 8 and it's super hard

12. TexasDomer

I still wouldn't drip acclimate for more than a few hours or so. Going from soft water to hard should be easier than the other way around :)

13. OP
    OP
    Onlyashes

Got ya